I'm honestly not sure the best section to put this question, so mods, feel free to move this thread around.

Here goes. I'm a photographer. I take a lot of shots using my DSLR. I'd like to be able to share some pics right away using my Lumia 1020 or my Surface RT. The thing is, I'd need to either bring an extra SD card reader for the tablet, or wait until I'm home to share them. There's also the convenience of being able to take a pic, bring it up on a larger screen, and show it to a client, or tweak it on the spot.

Now, I know many of you are all "You have a Lumia 1020, just take a shot with that", but that's not really going to be the best way to get a shot in most cases, and I have a lot more flexibility with my DSLR while I'm out for a shoot than I do with my 1020.

I want something like the Eye-Fi, but that card requires a special app, and they don't support Windows RT or Windows Phone 8. Does anyone know of a good Wi-Fi enabled SD card I can look into for use with my DSLR and Windows devices? Thanks!
    09-29-2013 05:50 PM
    I'm curious about this too.
    09-29-2013 08:13 PM
    Topic got me interested too. Subscribing

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk
    09-29-2013 09:24 PM
    These two cards have browser access, ie. you can access the photos from your phone or tablet browser. I have not tested any of them.

http://www.transcend-info.com/files/...al_v1.5_EN.pdf
    ezShare|WiFi SD|Wireless SD|Shoot and send instantly|Precious Moment from Easy Share

It's not a slick solution, but the only one I could find for WP8 atm. Would love to see Eye-fi support for WP8 though.
    bawboh86 likes this.
    09-30-2013 04:11 PM
    I think the most interesting thing is, I dug all over EZShare's site before posting this thread and didn't see that. Thanks for the links, I may try out Transcend's and let you all know if it goes well. I wish someone would give these proper support on Windows Phone and Windows 8/RT.
    10-01-2013 07:05 AM
    I have been using Eye-Fi since Android 2.2 and have asked the company if they will make one for my then HTC Mozart and they said no. Nothing has changed today.

Sent from my LT25i using Tapatalk 4
    bawboh86 likes this.
    10-01-2013 07:11 AM
    I have been using Eye-Fi since Android 2.2 and have asked the company if they will make one for my then HTC Mozart and they said no. Nothing has changed today.

Sent from my LT25i using Tapatalk 4
    Thanks for that heads up! I'll gladly not support them if they don't want to support me. Blarg!
    10-01-2013 03:26 PM
    Does anyone know of a good Wi-Fi enabled SD card I can look into for use with my DSLR and Windows devices? Thanks!
    I'm looking for the same thing ... i found the Toshiba Flash Air card. Anyone have any experience with it? Or Flu-card?
    11-12-2013 12:05 PM
    I was planning to buy a wifi-SDcard, when there will be someone publishing an app for that and after reading this thread and doing some research I found that:
    NC SDWiFi | Windows Phone Anwendungen + Spiele Store (Deutschland)

I have not tested it, but it sounds kind of interesting and somehow looks as if it would actually work well....

Hope I could help you.
    04-10-2014 01:51 PM
    I have now tried the transcend eye-fi card together with the app NC SDWiFi and can confirm that if works. There are some features that I miss though, like automatic pairing, but that might come in the future. It works well enough to be usable though.
    Chubbynaga likes this.
    08-27-2014 02:21 PM
    I have used an eye-fi card with my dslr with an android tablet, windows PC and a hacked seagate satellite drive. problem is, these tend to be low powered wifi cards and unless you monitor your downloads/uploads, you may or may not know when the downloads are done. Now my DSLR, a canon T5I, has eye-fi card support, so it will not auto power off until it's done, but it was a bit unreliable and SLOW. Even worse if you shoot raw.
    08-27-2014 02:28 PM