Ear Bud Recommendations

sdoca

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I have a Lumia 820 and would like to get a set of ear bud headphones to wear while working out. The ones that came with the phone are fine and I like the button that pauses/plays my music and lets me skip songs. But I would love to be able to adjust the volume as well. I keep my phone in a waist belt and its a pain to change.

Any recommendations?

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Do the included control buttons work with Windows Phone 8? They seem like an excellent headset, but if play/pause, skip/rewind, and pick up/hang up calls don't work then that's a deal breaker (I don't mind if volume up/down don't work).

There are two variants. MH1C and MH1. You'll have to find out which one will work.

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
There are two variants. MH1C and MH1. You'll have to find out which one will work.

Yes, I read the review and saw that. I searched on Bing and couldn't find a solid answer :/

Does WP/Nokia use CTIA or OMTP? If it uses CTIA then MH1C should work, and the review said that more manufacturers are moving towards CTIA. I'll look into it.

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
So if I'm understanding this correctly, I'll probably need to buy an adapter for most headsets to work. Hmm.

I really like the a-JAYS Five but they are way to expensive. Sigh.

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
So if I'm understanding this correctly, I'll probably need to buy an adapter for most headsets to work. Hmm.

I really like the a-JAYS Five but they are way to expensive. Sigh.

If they're AHJ (found by Apple) which is L, R, Mic, G. Then yes.

sdoca

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I got the Sony SBH20 bluetooth headset. I wanted a headset to wear while working out. This headset works really well. I like that the cord goes around the back of my neck. The volume, play, pause, next and previous buttons all work great. Best of all, no cord attached to the phone that gets caught on things (like arms).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077