Nokia DT-910 Wireless Charging Stand, people's thoughts for bedside?

harrywilde

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nokia-DT-91...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2243195
Ok so I saw this on sale yesterday and am debating picking it up to replace the iPod dock I currently have at my bedside, but have a few questions, reading reviews suggests that this device emits a high pitched whine when not charging? Is this true/really that bad? Also many people have been reporting issues with Amber and the wireless charging solutions, are these unique issues or is it a well known fat that Amber devices are having problems? And finally does anyone know if the windows keys on my 920 will stay illuminated when on the stand, as I feel they would be too bright if that is the case, I need darkness to sleep in so any light issues would be a problem, just anyone who owns the charger please give a bit of feedback as I would like to get this; only if I know it will be right for my purpose!
Thanks! :smile:

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Sure. Go ahead and use it. There are some defective units, but there's always the return ability.

The Windows keys will stay illuminated if and only if your phone is unlocked. If your phone is locked (and, say, on Glance), the keys are not illuminated.

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I've got a couple of these and haven't had any issues, pre or post Amber. A few observations though...

- Sometimes i do hear a very faint 'ticking' sound coming from the device but it's not often. I do recall initially there appeared to be a whining sound, but this seemed to be coming more from the Charging Adapter, in my case at least. It seemed to wear off after a time, and even so, it was very very faint in sound, you really had to listen for it. Unless one was in a dead silent room, i don't think most people would even notice it. As with all things though, this could be Unit specific, but i can't say i've noticed the issue much with the two i have. They are silent 99% of the time to me.

- If you're going to put it on a Bedside Nightstand, you might want to use a small piece of black tape to cover up the white led on the front of the Base. It's not on all the time, but it does flick on and off occasionally, and while the led itself is small (like Pinhole small), it is rather bright.

- The Windows keys on the Phone do not stay lit when the phone is placed on the Stand. If you're using the Glance Screen, when placed you'll get the usual Windows Phone Chime, and the Lock-screen will flash up for a few seconds, but then it goes back to the Glance Screen. The Night Mode for Glance also means the room doesn't light up like a Christmas Tree, so it's a handy bedside Clock replacement.

- The Base design has two small rubber humps to secure the phone against the backplate. In my experience they're not raised enough, so you do kinda have to make sure the phone is sitting flush against the back-plate. I've taken to making sure my fingers wrap around the rear of the plate when placing the phone to make sure it's sitting flush against it. If you quickly set the Phone down and don't make sure the bottom of it is behind those raises, the Phone will slide right off.

Last edited:

kmji1957

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
The white led on front of the base is on when charging and goes off when the phone is fully charged.

Sent from my RM-825_eu_finland_290 using Tapatalk

harrywilde

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the feedback, I have ordered it, i appreciate the reassurance! I shall tell my thoughts when it arrives in a few days 😋

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
The white led on front of the base is on when charging and goes off when the phone is fully charged.

Sent from my RM-825_eu_finland_290 using Tapatalk

True, although I did find that the Led still occasionally blips on and off at seemingly random intervals, whether fully charged or not. I started to find this slightly annoying at Night.

Since he mentioned light issues, having some glossy black tape around might come in handy, and you can't even notice it on the Base.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abigial