BH-121 on sale anywhere yet?

LikeLumia

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Got one of these as well. So far really like it, good sound, battery capacity, live tile is nice, NFC pairing and switching ON an absolute breeze.
(your bluetooth and headset can be switched off, just grab the headset, tap it and both headset and bluetooth on your phone switch on and connect)

Thats the good part. One thing i just do not understand about this thing, why the loooooong headset wire ????!!!!
I mean 95% of the users of this thing will clip the headset to a shirt, collar, or jacket and then you can sure miss at least 50% of the wire !!
even in shorts on the beach you will not gonna put this in your pockets, clipping it on your ear would be easier.

So, I will look for a short wired headset, 3,5mm jack and HF mic in the wire. Any ideas anyone ??

LikeLumia

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Got mine from Expansys (UK)

Have played with it a few days now, still satisfied.
Sound is wonderful, bluetooth connection stable.

Live tile works perfect as well as the real time battery indication on the tile, it's spot on.

Only VERY negative point is the long wire, I just do not understand that !!

LikeLumia

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
something tricky about this BH-121. With the headset comes no charger, but the charge port is a micro USB one, so it is pretty tempting to charge it with your phone's charger. However, according to the manual this is not allowed !! The capacity of the battery is only 110mah and the max charge input allowed is 200mah where your average Lumia charger provides 1200mah or even 1500mah with the Lumia 1520. So charging the BH-121 with a Lumia charger will deteoriate your bh-121's battery ver fast since charging li-ion batteries (way) too fast pretty much kills them!
Or am i missing something here ???

Alphageek_UK

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Won't it just draw whatever current it needs? I have one of those 'smart' metres and can try it, but I am not at home for a couple of days.

Alphageek_UK

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
The BH-121 draws 0.5 watts from the charger that is supposed to charge up a Tegra Note tablet. If I plug my 1520 into the same wire, it draws 6.5 watts. So, it doesn't look like there is any danger of over charging the BH-121.

LikeLumia

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
The BH-121 draws 0.5 watts from the charger that is supposed to charge up a Tegra Note tablet. If I plug my 1520 into the same wire, it draws 6.5 watts. So, it doesn't look like there is any danger of over charging the BH-121.

Thanks for sharing this !

Why would the manual clearly state 200mah is the maximum charge current then?

When I use my Lumia 1520 charger for the charge of the Bh121, the battery is full in 25 minutes, isn't that just way too fast for any Li-ion battery?
All my phones and other Li-ion powered gadgets take at least 1.5 - 2 hours for a full charge.

On top of that my experience after about ten charge cycles with the BH-121 is the battery indicator already becomes a little unreliable. The live tile app gives both battery percentage as well as remaining playing time. But once under 40%/2hours playing this info is not reliable anymore.
Sometimes it gives empty battery warning and switches automaticly off already at 30 percent, sometimes 6 percent.

This seems like an indication of a damaged (charged too fast, overcharged) battery ?

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Does it have a Microphone in the Base?
This is a must have as I would like to use it in my car with the car stereo and still answer calls without using headphones.

anon(8800827)

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Could somebody please confirm wether it can be charged while in use (playing music)? I plan to mostly use it as a bluetooth receiver in my car, so that would be essential for longer rides. Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb