Poor design for protective cover for 1520?

Oliver Newell

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I did indeed receive my white 1520 on the 18th December and I absolutely love it. Although the build quality is fantastic (probably the best example from Nokia) I like to protect my investments and look after them, so I got the official protective flip cover for it, but...

There is something I really can not make out. As you guys will know, there are 4 hole above the camera on the back of the phone which are the 4 microphones for audio recording and the speaker grill at the bottom on the back for, the speaker. The case only has two poxy little holes, literally as big as a pin head, one little hole for the 4 microphone ports and 1 for the speaker grill.

I already tried out video recording at my sister gig on the Wednesday I got it and was blown away with how much detail it picked up, and the speaker is really impressive, but this case completely ruins both of them.
It isn't the end of the world, I've now ordered a leather flip cover (similar to the official one) on ebay.

Why would Nokia have done this? I'll try and post a picture soon showing you guys what I mean, if you haven't realised already.

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I also have a flip cover and know what you are talking about. While I haven't had a chance to really test if it affects the audio quality of video recordings, the speakers still sound pretty good when listening to music. All in all, it doesn't really bother me at all, but I do agree, I was a bit puzzled by the decision to design the case in that fashion.

Edit: Ok, so after taking the case off and playing some music and putting it back in and playing the same song for comparison, it actually sounds a little louder when in the case. Kind of similar to when you cup the bottom of a phone with speakers on the bottom edge. Or, maybe it's all in my head. Either way, the difference seems very minimal.

Oliver Newell

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I also have a flip cover and know what you are talking about. While I haven't had a chance to really test if it affects the audio quality of video recordings, the speakers still sound pretty good when listening to music. All in all, it doesn't really bother me at all, but I do agree, I was a bit puzzled by the decision to design the case in that fashion.

Edit: Ok, so after taking the case off and playing some music and putting it back in and playing the same song for comparison, it actually sounds a little louder when in the case. Kind of similar to when you cup the bottom of a phone with speakers on the bottom edge. Or, maybe it's all in my head. Either way, the difference seems very minimal.

I agree, the sound quality doesn't make that much difference, though i do not think that the case improves it either. I need to find out myself if the audio recording is hampered, but i would imagine it doesn't help it. It is odd, other than that it is a really nice case, well made and so on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb