Nokia Treasury Tag

VaticanUK

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
What happened to the Nokia Treasury Tag?

Last September this was all over the place with leaked information from all sorts of sources, but the expected announcement at Nokia World never came and no-one seems to have mentioned it since :s

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
What happened to the Nokia Treasury Tag?

Last September this was all over the place with leaked information from all sorts of sources, but the expected announcement at Nokia World never came and no-one seems to have mentioned it since :s
What was this item supposed to be? I don't remember it.

jaypatel19

May 11, 2013
Visit site
"Nokia treasure tag" i'm also waiting for the same.no news , no articles after October 2013. may b they drop the project or waiting for something more, hope it'll come out soon..

btgusto

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Nokia had to release the black update first because of Bluetooth 4.0 LE. So using the treasure tag wont drain your battery being that Bluetooth has to be on. I am waiting for treasure tag and getting frustrated waiting

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
They seem to be showing up on pre-order on Expansys UK (and a few other Expansys sites). But not really anywhere else.
I'm suspicious of the reasons for the delay. Will wait for some reviews of production models before placing an order I think.

themkaufman

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm really suspicious as to what is going on as well, especially since Nokia announced it would be released to retailers in April and it's already the 29.... I really want this product. -_-

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I've had the app on my phone for a while now in preparation. Hadn't thought much about it, but then I read the reviews of the app this morning.... The app isn't compatible with the Developer Preview of Windows Phone 8.1. It may well be the reason for the delays is that Microkia will have to wait for the release of Windows Phone 8.1.

LikeLumia

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
A Nokia rep on a french spoken support forum stated release (shipping) date was still unknown, this statement only was a few days ago.
A guy from Expansys mentioned certainly not before half may, so it looks we have to wait a little longer!

jywang

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
It is available for purchase from Verizon. I purchased 2 and they arrived today. Works on Nokia 928 without Developer Preview. Does not work on Nokia Icon with Developer Preview.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
These won't work on Developer Preview 8.1 because BT LE is disabled, correct? But it should be fine once the official 8.1 is out?

LikeLumia

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Got one as well.

Works ok with my 8.0 L1520.
Obviously bluetooth must be switched on but the sensors do not show up in the paired devices list funny enough.
They work in some kind of bluetooth backround environment.

Basicly you have three options.
1. Activate an alert on the phone and sensor when the sensor becomes out of reach from the phone. The sensor makes some kind of siren noise. Phones also makes sound and vibrates (optional)
2. In the rare event you don't know where your phone is but do have the tag/sensort at hand you can page your phone.
3. This option will be used my most people I guess BUT.........doesn't function very well !!
You can page the sensor/tag with your phone in case you lost one of your belongings (keys!) say at home of office. Problem is the sound the sensor makes is just too weak !!! why Nokia ? Why ??!!
The Tag is capable of making a descent sound in the "out of range" warning mode, but with the "page from phone" function it is a different sound and simply too weak !! If for example your keys are in some kind of jacket, purse or closet, you will almost hear not the sound unless it is completely silent (and you have good ears......)

Every Lumia user should at least have one of these due to the pretty high gadget factor and it's also kind of useful.

Last edited:

klonk_sk

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Am I dreaming or this guy manage to run Treasure Tag on WP8.1?? Action Center icon, backgrounded live titles

Any hint how he achieve it?

Encouraged by that video i bought today one tag , but no success with L1020. Treasure Tag app started, but cant find tag.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss