In Ear Headphones that can control volume, answers/end calls

junglejim123

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
just bought some from AIAIAI, and whilst i can listen to music and talk with headphones in, i cant answer call or change volume. Anyone recommend any headphones which def work on windows phone for answer calls whilst walking and changing volume?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Are you looking for wired or wireless? I have BT headphones - the LG Tone+. They not only allow you to listen to music in stereo, but allow you to talk on the phone, and even use Cortana, through the BT connection.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Do not use any headphones that are built and marketed as for iPhone.
Apple uses its own standard for whatever reason and features will likely not work. (I read up on that a couple days back when I was trying to figure out why my mom's 4S's earphones' buttons didn't work. if someone can link us, that'd be great.)

Next to that there are two standards for headphones with mic and buttons, some use one, some use the other. I believe the current generation of Lumias are compatible with both, but don't quote me on that. Try to pick one up built for Android since those are likely to be more compliant.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Get the cheap Samsung OEM in ear headphones for the Samsung focus or any galaxy phones, they all work, are cheap and sound quality is good

Vastustaa

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I agree with the Samsung ear buds. I used my wife's while mowing the lawn. I was able to receive and respond to a text through Cortana with the mower engine running and the blades engaged.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia Icon using Tapatalk

junglejim123

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Sorry I have a Nokia 925 phone, just need some decent cheap headphones, that you can change volume and answer calls by the control on the mic...

Sicarius123

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to find the same thing right now, but wont be buying any $5 headphones. Looking for something around the $80-$100 mark, and also not willing to take a chance on anything that isn't guaranteed compatible. Looking at either Nokia Purity or Ajays 5 right now. Any other suggestions?

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
A-jays five. Not only do all the controls work, they sound amazing. Particularly with some Comply tips.
I don't trust the quality of Bluetooth streaming. Yet.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
A-jays five. Not only do all the controls work, they sound amazing. Particularly with some Comply tips.
I don't trust the quality of Bluetooth streaming. Yet.

Amazon doesn't rate them very well, and confuses them with other models. Not a good indicator.

Other ideas?

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Got to say I can kind of see some of the points of the Amazon reviews. The cord is a little stiffer than the Fours. And I had trouble with the supplied tips, but Comply ones are a "must" anyway.
Not sure about the comments about the sound quality. I get through a pair of mid-range earphones every year or so. It's subjective I guess, but the Fives are the best I've ever had.
I've not seen any other Windows Phone compatible headsets, sorry.

Sicarius123

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Got the Ajays Five, they sound amazing. Far better than Klipsche S4i and the Ajays Four I've had in the past. Best part is the tip is almost the same size as the standard Nokia so I could put the softer correct size tip on it. I don't know why premium earbuds always have such terrible thick tips that slide out of ears too easily.

Bora777

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I bought a pair of a-Jays Fives for my brother to use with his 925. Superb build quality and decent SQ. I originally got it for myself but decided my Shure SE215s have better audio so it's worth the lack of remote control convenience for me. The a-Jays Five has a nice warm sound with detailed mids but needs some tweaking in the EQ to get it just right IMO because the bass is rather weak and the overall soundstage can come across a little too flat for my liking. My biggest issue with the a-Jays was that the earbuds have a tendency to slip out of the ear no matter what size I tried.

The only other option out there is Nokia's Purity in-ears by Monster which are not as sophisticated sound-wise but are nicely balanced out of the box for anyone not interested in fiddling with EQ settings. I had a lovely cyan pair that matched my Lumia 800 and it's very comfortable, but Monster's quality control is pretty poor. I had my Purity in-ears replaced twice during the one-year warranty period because of spoilt cables and my on-ear Purity HD suffered from peeling cushions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos