Heart rate device compatible w/WP 8 or 8.1?

Ken Kilty

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello, anyone have any *real* experience using a device and app that monitors heart rate with a WP 8 or 8.1 device? Either watch or a strap. I see a few options on Amazon and figure someone in this community has actually tried something. Any recommendations on an associated app would be helpful. Thanks!

-Ken

AlexCuria

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm actually trying to find out the same thing. Hope somebody can help out here.

I'm pretending to get a bit more "serious" into running and would like to know which HRM I would need that works with each/most apps.

I would like to avoid purchasing a HRM that later will not work with Runtastic, miCoach or Endomondo for example.

-Alex

Martin Westman

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
I am using Endomondo Beta app with a Wahoo BT Heartrate strap. It works on HTC 8s running 8.1 Preview just fine. Unfortunetly it doesn't work on lumia devices running wp8 or 8.1 preview (I have no idea why) From what i have read Runtastic seems to have a heartrate strap that works with their own app.

cj-m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Is there any news or info on the new Mio Link or Scosche RHYTHMN+ with regards to WP 8.1 compatibility?

I am interested in getting one or the other, but it seems that they are aimed primarily at the iPhone/Android market in terms of apps. I can't find any info about whether or not they will work with a Lumia 920 or other Lumia phones.

Scott Cunningham4

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Mio "Link" is compatible using Bluetooth LE, on an HTC 8X, running Windows Phone OS 8.1. Works great with the AppCauldron's Trackrunner, available on the Windows Phone App Store. Good luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99