Questions about the Nokia CR-201

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Hello All,

I am planning to purchase a Nokia CR-200/201 and have a few questions before I go ahead and buy one

1. Is the base-plate that sticks to the car dashboard sturdy enough? Is it capable of holding the obese Lumia 920, or will it droop over time?
2. Can the CR-200/201 without the base-plate stick to the car windshield, like with the earlier models?
3. Can the phone hold a charge while being charged wirelessly and with GPS on, or would it slowly loose charge?

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the CR-200 with my 1020 and 1520 and my wife uses it with her 920.

1) The base plate is sturdy as hell. When I used the car mount without the base plate, it held the device too without ever getting lose. The only time it came down was when the car stood in direct sunlight for several hours, which made that "sticky gum" part a little too soft to be able to carry the weight of my 1520. Since I'm using the base plate, it has never happened again.

2) Yes, you can easily do that. The reason why I'm using the base plate is that my car's dashboard isn't completely smooth.. It has some sort of pattern on it.

3) I've been using Navigon and Here+ Drive while charging and the charge was more than the actual drain. No problems so far.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the CR-200 with my 1020 and 1520 and my wife uses it with her 920.

1) The base plate is sturdy as hell. When I used the car mount without the base plate, it held the device too without ever getting lose. The only time it came down was when the car stood in direct sunlight for several hours, which made that "sticky gum" part a little too soft to be able to carry the weight of my 1520. Since I'm using the base plate, it has never happened again.

2) Yes, you can easily do that. The reason why I'm using the base plate is that my car's dashboard isn't completely smooth.. It has some sort of pattern on it.

3) I've been using Navigon and Here+ Drive while charging and the charge was more than the actual drain. No problems so far.
Thank you for the detailed answer. Just ordered the CR-201. I won't use the baseplate, will stick it directly to the windshield.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster