Smart Watch

chiyonosake11

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Looking to get a smart watch, for my Nokia 925 which is running the latest preview. (Cyan)

May get the Microsoft band.

But ive been looking at the ALCATEL ONETOUCH WATCH. Love the actual watch look to it.

Can anyone confirm if this product works with WP8.1

Ive read it does and does not.

Thanks, Richard.

MoshMast

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Can't comment on the Alcatel, but I've had a Microsoft Band since launch and I love it. Never had much interest in smart watches before but it is a great device. Integration with WP8.1 is phenomenal and having Cortana access while in another room is priceless! Even if the Alcatel can work with WP8.1 through a 3rd-party application, I would be hesitant as to just how many of the features you'd be able to use.

groovedba

Aug 13, 2008
Visit site
I was wondering if wearables would work for me, but didn't want to invest $200+ in something which I might not like. So I tried a Smart Bracelet from Focal Price which would do the basic calling functions.

For $26 + free shipping, I figure this would be low risk and an experiment. Got the Bracelet and paired it to my HTC8x which was recently updated to Windows 8.1. The Bracelet basically connects to your phone via Bluetooth and utilizes the regular BT functionality. I was a little bummed out that the bracelet couldn't display text messages (needs an apk for android to do this). However what blew me away was text messaging. TMSGs were being read to me via the Bracelet and I could use voice-to-text to respond.

It wasn't the bracelet that was doing this, it was the WinPhone OS performing the text-to-voice and voice-to-text operation via Cortana, it in turn would use the bracelet's speaker and microphone. There's a pedometer on the bracelet, but the data is standalone. From my point of view, this device would do all the BT things I needed like calling, messaging, phonebook and watch.
Because I don't like BT earpieces and the radiation issues involved, the bracelet is a nice alternative.

I've also paired this bracelet to my Blu Win Jr (also a WinPhone). I think this one's a keeper, until the next phenomenon.

chiyonosake11

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering if wearables would work for me, but didn't want to invest $200+ in something which I might not like. So I tried a Smart Bracelet from Focal Price which would do the basic calling functions.

For $26 + free shipping, I figure this would be low risk and an experiment. Got the Bracelet and paired it to my HTC8x which was recently updated to Windows 8.1. The Bracelet basically connects to your phone via Bluetooth and utilizes the regular BT functionality. I was a little bummed out that the bracelet couldn't display text messages (needs an apk for android to do this). However what blew me away was text messaging. TMSGs were being read to me via the Bracelet and I could use voice-to-text to respond.

It wasn't the bracelet that was doing this, it was the WinPhone OS performing the text-to-voice and voice-to-text operation via Cortana, it in turn would use the bracelet's speaker and microphone. There's a pedometer on the bracelet, but the data is standalone. From my point of view, this device would do all the BT things I needed like calling, messaging, phonebook and watch.
Because I don't like BT earpieces and the radiation issues involved, the bracelet is a nice alternative.

I've also paired this bracelet to my Blu Win Jr (also a WinPhone). I think this one's a keeper, until the next phenomenon.

Wow! Thanks for the information, I am definitely going to try the Alcatel. If it can still do those functions I would be happy. But hopefully sometime soon it would be able to do more.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss