Why does my DT-903 stop charging?

davidewart

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Why does my DT-903 stop charging

Fairly frequently - say once or twice a week - when I leave my Lumia 930 to charge overnight on the DT-903 charger, in the morning I find that the charging has stopped before the phone is fully charged, and both the phone and charger are very hot.

Anyone have any ideas what is causing this - and how to correct it?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Could be two causes....

1) Bad connection. Is the phone in a case? Maybe the case is restricting current flow? How about slipshod positioning on the pad? Does the phone vibrate at night causing it to move around on the pad? Every phone/charger combo has a sweet spot where things line up and the charge goes efficiently.

You can use this App to see what your charge rates are and test various spots on the pad for best connection. Battery | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States) (P.S.: I tried and rejected quite a few battery Apps before settling on this one, IMHO it kicks **** on the large size Live Tile and the info inside the App is top shelf.)

2) Charger. Are you using the Factory Charger head that came with the DT-903? If not, did you match the charger output to spec? You need to supply 5v and 2.5a (2500mA) Nokia Wireless Charging Plate - Microsoft - Global

If you are supplying the wrong current this could cause issues.

the whole taco

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site

2) Charger. Are you using the Factory Charger head that came with the DT-903? If not, did you match the charger output to spec? You need to supply 5v and 2.5a (2500mA) Nokia Wireless Charging Plate - Microsoft - Global

If you are supplying the wrong current this could cause issues.

good point.

I just received mine and is working ok with the original charger head unit that came with the phone (1.5amp from memory)

none of the on line sellers that I looked at were supplying the charger head unit with the 903

which is why I asked this (unanswered) question here:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...okia-dt-903-wireless-charger.html#post3007978

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
When I use my 901 to charge overnight I always take it off when I wake up (to check notifications etc) then put it back on which seems to reset the charger and lets it top up to full while I shower and dress.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans