Portable Power Pack 5200 mAh

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
So one of my dumb ides has paid off twice now. I had been looking at cheep portable power chargers, but was never sure if they would be any good. Plus I tend to prefer to buy name brand gear for my Tech, I am staring to change that view.

I got a Sound Logic XT 5200 mAh battery pack on sale just because it was a very good price ( under $20 CDN ), but I didn't think it would be all that good.

Well twice now it has charged my Lumia 1020 and served as a light during a power outage.

It is not the best thing as a light, but when your in the dark, it helps to get you to your flash light. It has 4 LED bulbs that can act as a light source, or power gauge when charging a phone or being recharged.

It gets charged via a mini USB, and to charge your phone it has a full size USB that is rated at 2.1 Amp, same as the standard Nokia Wall Wart.

Any way I am sure they are all over ebay, and may even be under other names, however as emergency Power I would say it's an ok buy if you get it cheep!!!!
SLXT.jpg

Last edited:

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Touche!

@greywold

I actually don't own one. I have no need for one as I have never been away for that long from a charger.

And I can get through a fully day and a half with battery to spare easily on my Blu win HD if I have to.

If i'm home - Charger.
On work - Charger.
Driving home or to work or somewhere else - Charger in my truck.

Where do you people go?! lol

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
So what do you guys use yours for??? Emergency power, mobile charging.....where have you used them and were they good to buy????
I use a xiaomi mi power bank 16k mah. This thing never runs out of juice. It's what I use for trips out of town. Has 2 ports so I can charge 2 devices at once. It's a Chinese brand but i bought it from their website in Sing as I have a friend who lives there and she brought it to me (saved a few bucks on shipping). My total cost for one was 30sgd only.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Just got this one a few months back:
Amazon.com: Poweradd? Pilot X6 High Capacity 20800mAh Portable Charger External Battery Pack Power Bank for Apple iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air 2 Mini 3(Apple Adapters Not Included), Samsung Galaxy S6 S5 S4 S3 Note 4 3 2, Nexus, Motorola, Blackb

It holds it's charge for a long time.
I've charged it and not used it for 3 weeks and it stays at 100%
I get 4-5 full charges out of it.

We have a couple of mobile chargers by this company.
I would say for the money they're hard to beat.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Touche!

@greywold

I actually don't own one. I have no need for one as I have never been away for that long from a charger.

And I can get through a fully day and a half with battery to spare easily on my Blu win HD if I have to.

If i'm home - Charger.
On work - Charger.
Driving home or to work or somewhere else - Charger in my truck.

Where do you people go?! lol

For my case I use it as Emergency Power/Emergency Light. As I live in a city that has had a few Power outages thanks to Manufacturing Plants.
In this last case I got home from work, just beat and forgot to plug in my phone. When I woke up, no power on my whole block, as a drunk driver ran his car into a hydro pole. Well sure enough that is when I start getting calls, and as I am talking the phone starts to let me know, low battery.

So it helped me get around in the dark, and it charged up my phone when no power was available.

As I don't drive, it would come in handy on a long bus trip also. It is just good to have some form of back up power to cover yourself in an emergency !!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6