Moving SD card to another phone

Adam McVeigh

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Could anybody tell me, please, if I will be able to simply put my micro SD from my existing phone into my new one (735 to 550) without erasing and formatting? I'm thinking specifically of the apps I have on it at the moment, will they need deleting off it first and downloading again from the store afterwards, or will they work OK if I just leave them on it?

I'm asking because I remember on Android that the apps/games would only store partly on the SD, leaving other essential files stored on the device (or at least that's how it used to be a while back, though I think it varied between developers) so they wouldn't work when just putting the SD into another phone. I wasn't sure if the Win10 mobile OS puts all the files of an app on the SD.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately, erasing is the only way for apps. However, pictures will work just fine though. If you don't erase the apps, it wouldn't move when you move your phone over, and also the phone will note that there's stuff on the card, but you can't use them.

Adam McVeigh

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Ah, that's a shame. Glad I asked though as now at least I'll know to start a fresh with the apps. Thanks for the heads up.

On the off chance, do you know if the 550 has a coating on the screen? I'm not sure of the correct name for it, but it's what's used to help your finger glide over the screen and stops finger prints and grease forming and spreading on it. I know something like the 635 doesn't have it and the screen constantly needs cleaning and feels pretty bad, just wondering if the 550 does or not at its price point?

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Ah, that's a shame. Glad I asked though as now at least I'll know to start a fresh with the apps. Thanks for the heads up.

On the off chance, do you know if the 550 has a coating on the screen? I'm not sure of the correct name for it, but it's what's used to help your finger glide over the screen and stops finger prints and grease forming and spreading on it. I know something like the 635 doesn't have it and the screen constantly needs cleaning and feels pretty bad, just wondering if the 550 does or not at its price point?

I am OCD about having clean screen, so I clean my 950XL every change I get. Wipe it with my long sleep, soft plush jacket, or soft cloth. Even if there is a coating, stuff still sticks on there. To properly clean it, use specific cleaners for LCD screens. Remember to spray on cloth first, not on device screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12