Horrible reliability of Treasure Tags (WS-10 and WS-2)?

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I recently had my 4th Treasure Tag (WS-2) and my 3rd Treasure Tag Mini (WS-10) die on me. None of them have lasted more than 3 months till now.

WS-10 - Just stops getting detected. Replacing the battery doesn't help
WS-2 - Something comes loose inside and instead of staying on, it switches between on/off every few seconds and makes beeping noises. Every single one of them.

Sure, I had the first few ones replaced from Nokia (then), but because of thee low cost of these devices, I stopped wasting hours of my life arguing with the service center and bought new ones.

The latest ones I have are a week old and already dead. I thought their QC might have improved by now.

Do others also face horrible reliability from their treasure tags? How long have they lasted?

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
What does old stock have anything to do with its reliability? The reliability was poor 3 years ago when I bought my first one, is poor now.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
What does old stock have anything to do with its reliability? The reliability was poor 3 years ago when I bought my first one, is poor now.

Okay, then that's a different case then :grincry:

Devices wear out over time and if they stay in storage for years, can they be 100% working when picked up?

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Ideally, the only thing that wears out is the battery. I replaced the battery (CR-2032), tried Maxell, Sony, Panasonic, it is the same issue with every tag. The WS-2 keeps beeping incessantly as if something is loose and the WS-10 just dies.

Stan77

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Mine is still working, but the Gadgets app is not on WM10 fully updated.
Micro$oft is messing things up big time again!

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Mine is still working, but the Gadgets app is not on WM10 fully updated.
Micro$oft is messing things up big time again!

There was a known issue with the gadgets app, which was fixed by sideloading a newer version from the fast ring, or getting into release preview and waiting 2-3 days.

I wonder whether the ones sold in India are inferior, somehow. Will get someone to bring me a few from the US.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon