[REVIEW] AUKEY PowerHub XL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Matlock

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
https://youtu.be/dCZoil630jI

Everyone wants more power. Is that a bad thing? No, not at all… However, as we were so humbly reminded by Toby Maguire in Spiderman, “with great power comes great responsibility.” What is that responsibility you ask? Well, in our world, it usually means that the more power we have, the more we need to charge things – i.e., phones, tablets, etc… This struggle of power and charging has created a real struggle for some people (myself included). We have so many things we need to charge but not enough outlets, power bricks or cords to charge them all at the same time. Well, AUKEY has come up with the perfect solution to this dilemma. Say hello to the PowerHub XL!

1.jpg

What Is It: The PowerHub XL is a monster of charging prowess. In my home up until now, I’ve had tons of power strips laying around the house – effectively one in each room. I have one for the TV and accessories, one for the computer and accessories, one next to my bed for the lamp and all of my phones and stuff – you get the picture. I have all of these things because I constantly need to charge my electronics. Of all of these issues, I think the largest headache is trying to keep up with all of the power bricks and cords for my kids and keeping them from stealing my stuff from my room. Well, the PowerHub has hooked me up by allowing me to create a central charging hub for all of the electronics things. This thing is a beast! It has twelve (12) 12v spots to plug in normal cords, and it has six (6) USB Quick Charge slots, where you can plug your USB cable in directly, completely cutting out the power brick. This thing has been a lifesaver for my family and I.

2.jpg
3.jpg

How Does It Work: The entire setup is simple and straightforward. All you really have to do is plug it in and press the circle-shaped button on top of the PowerHub XL to get the juice flowing – it even has a 5ft cord on it so you can position this guy pretty much wherever you need to. This is actually a really nice feature because it allows you to keep everything plugged in to charge all the things, but you can also turn it all off with a press of a button - there's even a little green LED halo that lights up when it's turned on. Not only is this easy and convenient, but it also prevents the cords and attached objects from trickle charging and siphoning off your electricity, thus saving you a few kilowatts here and there. The USB slots are also great. Each one of the slots charges at up to 2.4v, which will get you recharged in no time. There is one small caveat though. The maximum output for the USB ports is 6v, which means that if you have 1 or 2 items plugged in that draw that much power, then you’re good…. However, if you go ahead and plug in three items that use Quick Charge then it will automatically adjust the output to 2v per each item, and it is tapered down even more as you plug in more items. Now, this math isn’t set in stone. The PowerHub uses AUKEY’s AiPower Adaptive Charging Technology, which is what makes all of this possible. So, if you have smaller items that don’t need as many volts to get them going, the PowerHub XL’s AiPower automatically adjusts its output to maximize charging and provide the correct amount of power to each device – pretty spiffy, right?

4.jpg
5.jpg

Conclusion: The PowerHub is an excellent addition to any home, especially with today’s amount of connected devices. For instance, in the corner of my living room, I have a computer, two monitors, two printers, my cable modem, my router, and a lamp all plugged in. I was able to swap this out and still have plenty of slots available for the whole family to use, and I’m not overloading power strips or daisy chaining. It has real-world applications that help you to make living your powered life style work, and I think it’s great. It’s a product that has a simple concept that has great applicability. It has a strong recommendation from me.

Interested in picking one up? You can find the PowerHub XL on Anker’s website, or directly through their store on Amazon for $42.99 - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3756292

Last but not least, I did want to go ahead and do a short plug for the AUKEY TeamTechKey program. They were nice enough to send out this dash cam for me to review, so I’d like to do the favor of sharing this program with interested readers who may be in the market for reviewing products. AUKEY’s TeamTechKey is a review-based program, where you sign up and if selected, AUKEY will send you products to review, but… you have to do some honest work for it if you are selected for the program. In exchange for receiving products to review, you have a week to test out the product and write-up a review, video, or some other meaningful engagement to share the product and your experience with your own userbase. Want to learn more? Here’s the link: https://www.aukey.com/teamtechkey_program - in full disclosure, this review, statement and blurb are not sponsored by Aukey or required by them, and I am not a part of this program, but I do think it’s nice that they provide this opportunity for hopeful tech enthusiasts who want to do some product reviews in exchange for some sweet products.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
This thing has 12 AC outlets!!! That is the definition of 'sweet' lol. I do need sth like this. This one would be a bit of overkill, but I'll check if they have smaller ones later. Thanks!

I don't know if this is covered in the video (can't watch it right now), but how heavy is it?

Adam Matlock

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
I didn't mention it in the video but I just look up the MFRs specification and it says it ways 24.76oz, so less than 2lbs. It's surprisingly not very heavy for the size. You would think that it would be pretty hefty, but it's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3