Is Cerulean going to happen?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
A little out of the loop here (haven't been keeping up), but is the Cerulean Windows Phone going to happen? Would really love to see some new brands in the market, had high hopes for these guys...

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
As much as I would have liked to see that. Nope. I don't think it was anything more than a pipe dream filled with smoke.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
They were apparently advised by Microsoft to not pre-hype any longer until they have a launch date.

Then they changed their Mission from GSM in the US to GSM + Vzw in US + Canada + Mexico + Brazil + Bolivia. Now they have tested a prototype with proper radios and need certification in those countries. (If the prototype passed their testing... I do not know that it did or did not.)

You may still #ColorMeCerulean

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Rumors bore me in the tech world of cool stuff. They need to not worry if Microsoft won't be releasing a phone this year. That being said these guys need to focus on releasing there phone to the market. Or just say they changed there minds.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
If and when it comes, it may not pack the hw the latest devices out there have, but they should try to bring some defining extras and/or features. Not to mention to as many regions as possible. Again it's business and not just a phone for the fans. Either way I'm looking forward to the device and getting one. Need another Windows 10 mobile phone so I can start using the fast ring again.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
why is microsoft butting in? Pre hype is way better than silence.

You weren't around here when the McLaren was cancelled. THAT was the epitome of uber-hype and people's heads exploded. Anybody who's head didn't turn into a mushroom cloud then will surely go kaput when the Surface Unicorn (Phone) gets deep-sixed.

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Kinda glad it was cancelled tbh. 3D touch was never a thing and I can think of nothing worse. Gesture control was the first thing I disabled on Samsung Galaxy

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Kinda glad it was cancelled tbh. 3D touch was never a thing and I can think of nothing worse. Gesture control was the first thing I disabled on Samsung Galaxy
Ya. It could be more of an experience. I've only seen it demoed like Dan's report. Kinda like VR. You either can care less or must have it. I mean if you've never tried it though you'll never really know. I too disabled almost ever gesture control on the s7. I mean if anything Samsung goes above and beyond. I think there must be like 3 ways to all things on their device :).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs