Qmadix Liquid Glass - Get Naked

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Review] Qmadix Liquid Glass - Get Naked

Now I just need to choose between the X3 or the Idol. If I go with the Idol I will definitely be trying this on both sides, so I guess hubby is on his own if that happens.

The Idol 4S is a LOT of bang for the buck. IMHO, the Elite X3 is overkill for most users with the win32 virtualization, lapdoc and all the other stuff driving up the price.

As for Hubby, which phones is he looking at?

jenny311

May 21, 2014
Visit site

The Idol 4S is a LOT of bang for the buck. IMHO, the Elite X3 is overkill for most users with the win32 virtualization, lapdoc and all the other stuff driving up the price.

As for Hubby, which phones is he looking at?

He's got a Galaxy s7 edge and is not parting with it. We are a diversified family, Windows for me, Android for him, iPhone for the daughter and my son doesn't really care as long as he can watch YouTube!

I keep going back and forth between the Idol and X3. At the moment I'm leaning towards the X3 but that can change any moment. If own the fabled Surface Phone existed! Odd that I have chosen what will protect my new phone, but not a phone yet!

Just posted a detailed thread about my concerns with both phones:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/hp...-towards-elite-x3-but-unsure.html#post3635819

Either way I have to order something before tonight as my 950 might just set the house on fire!

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

This nano-glass coating is great stuff. My smudges and finger prints come off with ease. I have bumped it and knocked it a few times, and notice no dings or marks anywhere yet. Still case-less, and plan to keep it that way.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

Quick story. I had recently wanted to sell my Idol 4s, but then while up for sale I began poking around with ideas on how to tweak some things for the phone to make it a little more enjoyable for myself. I had it back in action yesterday and had a slight mishap. My whole home floor is tiled.

Dropped my Idol last night. It was an interesting drop to say the least...was able to kinda save it from being killed. But it took a hit. Screen did not crack, but it did fall in a face down fashion. the top left part of the screen got a couple lil line scratches that are not really noticeable. But that is it. No other scratches on the front that I can see.

Attachments

• WP_20170407_06_37_32_Pro_LI.jpg
    WP_20170407_06_37_32_Pro_LI.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 8

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Sorry about the ding @Nate W

I may as well check in. Still digging it. Still not wiping away fingerprints because there are none. No hard drops just a couple small oopsies. No marks on the phone.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

I may as well check in. Still digging it. Still not wiping away fingerprints because there are none. No hard drops just a couple small oopsies. No marks on the phone.
It's all good. Still a cool phone!

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Quick question... When applying the product, did you wipe it across the entire phone? I know you did front and back but did you do like the gold bezel around the phone too? You review says you coated the curved edges but i'm not sure if by that you mean the gold bezel .

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I did it again.

Got a fresh packet. Coated my new Xperia X all over and used some of the excess to do the screen on my Band 2 and the face of my Stuhrling Original Gatsby Plaza watch...

I know in the case of the Xperia that they say it doesn't work on metal (or plastic), but I figure it can't hurt and I do see the stuff going on.

I'm officially hooked on Liquid Glass.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I did it again.

Got a fresh packet. Coated my new Xperia X all over and used some of the excess to do the screen on my Band 2 and the face of my Stuhrling Original Gatsby Plaza watch...

I know in the case of the Xperia that they say it doesn't work on metal (or plastic), but I figure it can't hurt and I do see the stuff going on.

I'm officially hooked on Liquid Glass.

I applied it today to my Alcatel. Followed the instructions. But I'm still getting fingerprints.

I thought it's supposed to prevent the fingerprints? Now I'm wondering if I did something wrong :(

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Try writing them on Amazon... Let us know how that goes. Almost 3 months in now and my Idol is still resisting fingerprints very well.

Maybe I did apply it properly... phone took a nasty fall off my lap today while I was getting up from a seat. fell and landed face down on the screen. not a scratch. *fingers crossed*

TunedM52

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
I highly recommend against any sort of "liquid screen protector".

They do not protect anything, besides being an anti-fingerprint coating.

Watch some of JerryRigEverything's videos on YouTube for the proper testing methodology. I have the same kit and my old Lumia 925 scratched at a level 5, while my alcatels w/the coating scratched at 5 as well. Most phone screens fall on the moh's scale of hardness at level 6 or 7. Like the Lumia 950XL, which he did a stress test on and it survived quite well.

Anyways, here is an album of my Alcatel Idol 4S, W10M and Android. Carnage.
Fail "Glass" Screen Protector - Album on Imgur

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss