My first review: Music Maker by MAGIX

the brother

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ever have that ‘original song’ in your head and can’t quite figure out how to reproduce it for the world to enjoy? Take those notes and beats to the maker. Music Maker by Magix offers beginners the ultimate outlet to explore, modify and create almost any sound in a simple layout right before your eyes and ears. This audio software is a great way to get started with basic instrument sounds and effects and allows users to compose, layer and loop to make even basic beats sound polished and professional. There is also a product store which lets you purchase additional ‘Soundpools’ or modules for beat layouts to get you started. The ability to change pitch on any instrument or loop really makes the possibilities endless. Paired with an intuitive arrangement window, you get thecontroller-at-a-glimpse perspective. You can also add your own arrangements into the mix as well.

When using the software to create your tracks, just rememberthat you need a PC with a decent amount of memory allocation to be able to make changes and modify existing layouts on the fly – without it, you may experience some ‘stutter’ as changes are applied.

The difficulty I experienced when trying to learn the basics was that I found no intuitive way to ‘crop’ a portion of the layout to create ashort mix as part of the extraction features. Instead you are limited to cropping projects the way the software wants you to – by bars only.

Also, a bit on the disappointing side for me personally was that the extraction featured did not include an option for variations of MP3 (at leastnot in my evaluation version). I suppose this is due to licensing or perhaps the compression that in the end may compromise the quality of the final production?

Overall this product is a 7.5 out of 10, based on its ease of use and the vast depth of sounds and effects included out of the box in the basic version.

Last edited:

the brother

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I did wonder what this was like. So its a sort of "out of the box solution" aimed at ease of use?

Very much so, the sample tracks included provide great insight to the product capabilities so if you are willing to give this software a try I would start there. Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon