My Experience with Nokia 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry Linc

Mar 30, 2017
Visit site
I owned Microsoft Lumia 640 XL and 950. And 2 weeks ago I just bought the Nokia 5 for my father. I always thought that android does better than Windows 10 Mobile since it owned the market, so I give it a try. After setting up the Nokia 5, everything seems fine and perfect. but after 2 days of using it, I started to face some problem, one of them is some app won't open. It just keep crashing. So far, Instagram, Facebook, Waze are the only apps that face this problem. That is not what I expected from Android (Nokia doesn't customize the OS as far as I know, so it come straight from google, which i expect no bugs and glitches).

Other things seems fine, but to compare to my old Lumia 640 XL, I think Nokia 5 is kinda bad. No wonder my Lumia 640 XL got more crashing issues than the Nokia 5 since it's an old phone, but I remember back when Lumia 640 XL was in Windows Phone 8, it's doing pretty great.

What really surprise me, is the system. The system itself is 7 GB, almost ate half of the storage which is 16 GB. I just... Wow, seriously?... My Lumia 640 XL (8 GB Storage) running Windows 10, and the system is only 3-4 GB. I never thought the Android OS was this heavy. Even on my Lumia 950 is only 3.9 GB System and reserved. I manage to live with 8 GB internal storage on my 640 XL, but on Nokia 5, seems like 16 GB is not enough. Apps & Games already took 3.7 GB (I only download apps that I used the most) and there is 'Other' that took 3.4 GB of storage. That's 7.1 GB + 7 GB (System) = 14.1 GB... God...Camera is pretty nice, just as I expected from mid range phone. the animation transition is smooth, smoother than my 640XL, and that's fine.

If I restart the Nokia 5, after it turns on, it always have problem to detect my SD Card. I don't know maybe it's because I'm using a slow SD Card. Gotta wait for a while for the phone to detect the SD Card again.

So that's my experience with Android. I still using my Lumia 950 now, my primary phone. That Nokia 5 was for my dad, so I rarely using it. But everything got Pros and Cons right? I always BASH the Windows 10 Mobile for it's poor quality and performance. And I'm still, till now :winktongue:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to be frank and say that something went definitely wrong with your experience because most of that isn't really normal. Especially the crashing, but of course, issues crop up in software this complex that most won't see. (e.g. back with W10M 10586 Cortana kept crashing for me, but not others)

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
What really surprise me, is the system. The system itself is 7 GB, almost ate half of the storage which is 16 GB. I just... Wow, seriously?... My Lumia 640 XL (8 GB Storage) running Windows 10, and the system is only 3-4 GB. I never thought the Android OS was this heavy.
, that is because it ships with quite a big amount of Google bloatware. For most people only a few of those apps are needed.

ps: those Nokia's do look nice, Nokia 7 plus would be a nice contender for Sailfish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos