2015 Was an exciting year for me. Nadella took over Microsoft, I had owned a Lumia 1520 for less than a year, Windows 10 was released, Microsoft Band 2, Windows 10 Mobile was released, promises of top developers and the Universal Windows Platform; so much to look forward to! It felt like a breath of fresh air to see all this awesome tech coming from Microsoft! I even upgraded to the Lumia 950...I loved my Windows Phone.

Then soon after...the promises all fell short...

But alas. hardly any developers jumped on board - or when they did, they didn't stick around long. The windows 10 Store suffered the consequences as well. Last year I made the move to Android simply for the app market place. Band 2, dead. Now no more Windows Phone. As Windows 10 continues to worsen, I can't even switch to Ubuntu linux because of the way Windows 10 and UEFI are tightly knit together, it royally screws up linux builds.

Microsoft made a lot of promises, and a lot of gambles. Admittedly, made some seriously awesome hardware and accessories to boot!

It is sad to see the greatness and the promises tank.

I miss how well everything jived together and Microsoft was cool again...and the pride of showing someone my sweet Windows Phone and all it could do...

It was a good couple of years...sad that really nothing panned out for Microsoft...
    10-09-2017 10:28 PM