[REVIEW] Anker Soundcore Icon Speaker

Adam Matlock

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
https://youtu.be/S-omKk0A40U

What is the meaning of the word “icon?” Well, it’s actually a pretty important word, which seems very fitting in its selection as a product name. According to the dictionary, “icon”, means a person or thing regarded as a representative symbol.” In this case, I’m talking about the Anker Icon speaker, and how it represents the quality and awesomeness that we have come to expect from their products; it’s iconic in how it sets the standard for excellence in audio. Anker has gone the extra mile with this speaker, setting the bar high for additional products that may follow, and competition to emulate. So… let’s talk about the Anker Soundcore Icon.

1.JPG

Presentation: The Soundcore Icon is a unique looking speaker. The packaging is the same-ole blue and white Anker box, which is fine. However, when you take the speaker out of the box you will begin to appreciate the amount of ergonomic design that has gone into this product. The upper handle is a loop, which allows for hanging and ease-of-carry; it plays music out of both sides of the product, having bi-lateral speakers that really pack a punch. Finally, the control buttons are on top of the speaker, centerline and easy to access. Of course, all of this is sealed in the ultimate waterproof package for speakers – IP67 dust/water resistance, capable of being fully immersed in water 3ft deep for up to half an hour… while it’s still playing music. It even floats!

2.jpg
3.jpg

Performance: The sound experience in the Soundcore Icon is fantastic. Compared to anything I’ve tested out in like-products with similar spec sheets or features, the Icon excels in every area, including price comparison. Anker has been making fantastic products for a while now, and I’m happy that their audio products are finally getting some of the attention they deserve. They have been very instrumental in raising the question “why am I spending so much money for other companies’ products?” This is important for change and competition because it makes people genuinely look at value versus price, which is just as important as ever. The sound spectrum is full, loud, and powerful, which is a welcomed change from a speaker that only cost $59.99. The bass is deep and has the ability to thump, depending on the type of music you listen to. It carries well and doesn’t drown out the mids and highs, which is nice. Additionally, vocals come through clear and strong, even as you slide the volume upwards. For the best experience, I highly recommend using a music player with a built in tuner/equalizer, so you can maximize the sound experience for your listening preference and styles of music. Highs are solid and aren’t overly piercing, and certainly aren’t tinny. Even at high volume ranges, the sound experience doesn’t distort. You can comfortably listen to this speaker in pretty much any environment, but you also have the ability to really crank it up if you want to jam out! I was highly impressed with the Icon. It’s a solid speaker with a comprehensive sound experience that really doesn’t have to compromise in any particular area to give you a full and enjoyable listening experience – and it plays music for up to 12 hours! Putting things in perspective, it isn’t quite on the same level as $100+ speakers, but if you’re looking for a great option that will surely make your happy and provides a solid listening experience, then I highly recommend it. The combination of sound, portability, ergonomics and complete waterproof protection really seal the deal on this one.

4.jpg

Ease-of-Use: The Soundcore icon is incredibly easy to use. The battery cover hides a clever 3.5mm line-in jack, which allows you to plug in anything you want for a sound source. Additionally, the Icon is recharged be the included MicroUSB cable – I’m guessing this is a cost savings measure, since it doesn’t really need USB-C to recharge. The buttons are straightforward and simple, located on top, or spine of the speaker – depending on how you orient the speaker. The traditional on/off button is present, along with the volume up/volume down, multifunction button, and the pairing button. When you fire up the speaker, all you have to do is briefly press the Bluetooth pairing button and you’ll be in paring mode, which can easily be connected to any Android or Apple device. Additionally, if you have two Soundcore Icon speakers, you can connect them together for a stereo sound experience. I was unable to test this, but if it works anything like the Soundcore Flare speakers, it should be fantastic. Last but not least, the speaker has a built-in microphone; in case you want to answer have a conversation over the speakerphone, versus grabbing your phone to talk.

5.jpg
6.jpg

Conclusion: Overall, the Soundcore Icon speaker is quite iconic! It really sets the bar high in the under $60 department. It offers crisp, clear sound and volume that really packs a punch. It’s convenient and easy to carry around or hang off of something so you can listen to your tunes while you do pretty much anything – even if you’re floating around the pool. The strap even comes unhooked on one side so you can fasten it to a backpack or other object while you enjoy the great outdoors! I give this speaker two thumbs up, and I think it’s definitely worth taking a look at, especially if you want a speaker that can be used in any environment, or pretty much any activity you can think of.

7.jpg

If you’re interested in picking up one of Anker’s Soundcore Icon speaker, you can find them on Amazon for the low price of $59.99, and it even qualifies for Prime 2-day shipping, if you’re a member. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NN4JH1R/?tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3781969 - As always, if you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them down in the comments section.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3