Smartwatches that are compatible with Windows Phone?

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Well I'd be wary of mentioning the Vector. Even the review here leaves big questions as to whether notifications work. And some of the comments suggest it doesn't work with Windows Phone 10.
So the list (of products you can actually buy and that have Windows Phone-compatible smarts) is still: Band and Band 2.
Then if you remove the ones from the list you can't buy in most countries, you're left with a choice of sweet FA.

Penguwin

VR Expert
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Well I'd be wary of mentioning the Vector. Even the review here leaves big questions as to whether notifications work. And some of the comments suggest it doesn't work with Windows Phone 10.
So the list (of products you can actually buy and that have Windows Phone-compatible smarts) is still: Band and Band 2.
Then if you remove the ones from the list you can't buy in most countries, you're left with a choice of sweet FA.

Agreed... There are still some questions on the Vector and more research is necessary. This thread is really meant to try and help others find the information they are looking for. Most smartwatches simply don't work well with Windows Phone at the moment, thats just the way it is for the time being. Some have limited functionality and are works in progress and it would be nice to have a record of what is what for those interested in wearables, but don't want to give up on Windows Phone.

This thread is not the only source of info and one should try to research as much as they can BEFORE making a purchasing decision.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Does the Pebble time now work ? What software works ?

I used a Pebble Steel with the sideloaded "Pebble Notifications" app on Windows phone 8.1 and 10...worked flawlessly.

I'm using a Band 2 now, My wife got it for me for Xmas, so I guess I will be needing to sell off my Pebble....Dont want my wife to feel bad...

Penguwin

VR Expert
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Does the Pebble time now work ? What software works ?

The Pebble Time is still very much a work in progress. However, I was able to connect my Pebble Time Steel to my Lumia 635 running Cyan (8.1) with a app in the windows phone store called "Pebble Time Manager"
( CLICK HERE).

3bfafe2afd115a808a005eb5bee678da.jpg

923850f8f851ff2657b1231cfd15d170.jpg

The good news... You can download watch faces from the Pebble watch face store and apply them to the Pebble Time through your Lumia with this app! I was even able to get a notification through, the download never completed for the watch apps... So not sure if that works yet.

The bad news... Sadly, the Lumia disconnects frequently and has to be re- paired & re-connected a lot! This is very much still a work in progress and not very practical for daily use just yet, but at least it kinda works 😕 .

I tried to specify under each watch what worked and what didn't. Most smartwatches are still very limited on Windows Phone.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
The Pebble Time is still very much a work in progress. However, I was able to connect my Pebble Time Steel to my Lumia 635 running Cyan (8.1) with a app in the windows phone store called "Pebble Time Manager" .

Thanks for the info, that is where I thought it was, a few small apps that can do SOME THINGS but, not the full experience.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Baby steps for now �� . Everything has to start somewhere though.

Have a happy new year!

I hear ya... Maybe when we get full notifcation support (including Cortana support when using the Microphone on the Time, like the MS band), I'll give one a shot....

I would say ok to "baby steps" but, there has a been a bunch of devs working on "Time" support for Windows Phone for a WHILE now, from first release... Baby steps after this long is not really baby steps if you ask me but, again, it's my thoughts and only mine :)

Just wish we got native Pebble support (big question is why not ? They are the lower of the smartwatches, they can expand their market)..... Oh, well...

Happy new year to you as well !

Penguwin

VR Expert
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Just wish we got native Pebble support (big question is why not ? They are the lower of the smartwatches, they can expand their market)..... Oh, well...

Happy new year to you as well !

Completely agree with you here! I understand that Pebble is a small company competing with much larger players, but they couldn't designate a small team to Windows Phone and take some market share (not to mention some serious admiration) to get their watches up and running over here?

If they did this year's ago, they would have literally been one of the only wearables on WP and have a huge head start on everyone else for this platform. *sigh* what could have been, I guess 😢 .

plantman60

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,
I bought a used smartwatch off Ebay, the CNPGD S12, just to play with ($10.50).
It actually works well with my Nokia 1520.
Almost every major function worked; music played through the phone's speaker, the BT connection was fine unless I wandered more than 30-40 feet away.
Netflix played the video on my 1520 while the watch played the audio (haven't figured out that one yet).
I could call my wife's phone through my watch, and receive calls.

Call me pleasantly surprised. Not a top tier watch by any means, but definitely functional with WP8.1.

Penguwin

VR Expert
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,
Almost every major function worked; music played through the phone's speaker, the BT connection was fine unless I wandered more than 30-40 feet away.
Netflix played the video on my 1520 while the watch played the audio (haven't figured out that one yet).

Call me pleasantly surprised. Not a top tier watch by any means, but definitely functional with WP8.1.
Thanks for the input... A lot of these "cheap China watches" are hit or miss. Some functions work, others don't... Their relatively inexpensive price is the main advantage to them.

Glad to see you found one that works for you tho! Enjoy!

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I bought the Samsung Gear Fit and paired it with my Note 4. I have tried to pair with my Windows Mobile but no luck. Waiting for the time to buy a Band when it is available in my country.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

Interesting, it's funny, if you ever look over these Chinese sites with smart watches (I wander a few sites time to time, I gota see all the cool crap coming out of China.). They have every feature you can think of under the sun, even more than most of us can think of and most of them are under $150 (average about $40-80). Features and quality that would even blow away a "iWatch" for like $65-80....(and they look the same as the iWatch)

and they change $500 for a mid line iWatch.... Dam Apple is really profiting from these things :-\

Would love to see a really slick looking one that fully worked with Windows Phone but, I guess that is a dream...

Penguwin

VR Expert
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Interesting, it's funny, if you ever look over these Chinese sites with smart watches (I wander a few sites time to time, I gota see all the cool crap coming out of China.). They have every feature you can think of under the sun, even more than most of us can think of and most of them are under $150 (average about $40-80). Features and quality that would even blow away a "iWatch" for like $65-80....(and they look the same as the iWatch)

and they change $500 for a mid line iWatch.... Dam Apple is really profiting from these things :-\

Would love to see a really slick looking one that fully worked with Windows Phone but, I guess that is a dream...
While I won't argue that profit is definitely being made on wearables, I have picked up a few of these Chinese wearables myself as the cost is relatively low. Sadly, my experience with them has been less than favorable in most cases. They don't stay connected to your phone (even "supported" Android phones) and disconnect all the time, creating a hassle of having to constantly check and "babysit" the watch to see if it's connected and working. The software used to control the wearable is often quite horrible and full of bugs/issues and rarely, if ever, updated 😢 . In short, they just don't work well most of the time. They are cheap, but probably not worth the time, effort, and frustration for most consumers.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
While I won't argue that profit is definitely being made on wearables, I have picked up a few of these Chinese wearables myself as the cost is relatively low. Sadly, my experience with them has been less than favorable in most cases. They don't stay connected to your phone (even "supported" Android phones) and disconnect all the time, creating a hassle of having to constantly check and "babysit" the watch to see if it's connected and working. The software used to control the wearable is often quite horrible and full of bugs/issues and rarely, if ever, updated �� . In short, they just don't work well most of the time. They are cheap, but probably not worth the time, effort, and frustration for most consumers.

I hear ya... You do get what you pay for, I totally believe that.

Would love to hear models or links to ones you tried with a small review on them with what features they support. There really is not too much for Windows Phone and although these might be lower quality, it IS an option.

j_dot

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
Hello my fellow Windows Phone enthusiasts :

I have been stalking this thread for a long time with hopes of reading a post on someone who has finally managed to get their hands on a windows mobile compatible smartwatch. It has been quiet disappointing thus far, but I have faith that someday it will happen! Upon searching online I stumbled on the OXY Smartwatch I saw posted on Indiegogo, maybe someone with more posts can share the link. I know we have seen more than a few of these failed launches, but this one looks promising :grincry:.

So what do you think? Pretty sweet? Hopefully they get to the fulfilment stages I wouldn't mind waiting a few more months to see this come to fruition!
I am not affiliated with this company at all but thought it might be something worth watching.

Penguwin

VR Expert
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Upon searching online I stumbled on the OXY Smartwatch I saw posted on Indiegogo, maybe someone with more posts can share the link. I know we have seen more than a few of these failed launches, but this one looks promising :grincry:.

So what do you think? Pretty sweet? Hopefully they get to the fulfilment stages I wouldn't mind waiting a few more months to see this come to fruition!
I am not affiliated with this company at all but thought it might be something worth watching.

A quick Google search for "Oxy smartwatch" will find this one for those interested. I would love to stay optimistic on this one, but I have seen waaaay too many crowdfunded smart wearables go under and fail miserably. Even if their ideas / tech are perfect, I kinda doubt they will raise $225,000 in the remaining 12 days 😕 .

Thanks for bringing that one to our attention tho.

Penguwin

VR Expert
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I hear ya... You do get what you pay for, I totally believe that.

Would love to hear models or links to ones you tried with a small review on them with what features they support. There really is not too much for Windows Phone and although these might be lower quality, it IS an option.
Off the top of my head, I have a "U8" Chinese smartwatch (this watch or a variant of it are all over eBay and the web for super cheap), a "FlyShark" smartwatch, and I'm sure a few others I can't recall at the moment. None of these work very well... even on Android, which is by far the most compatible mobile OS fit smartwatches (err, maybe I should say there are more smartwatches available for Android than any other mobile OS to my knowledge).

I'll try to get to posting some pictures and a more in-depth review on each one soon for ya 😁 .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos