Someone nailed my dream Smart Watch !!!!! I fell in love when I saw!!!!

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I hope I am not re posting this, and if I am I am very sorry to have missed that post....I split my coffee when I saw this. I'm in love

My search for a Smart Watch has been on since the Microsoft Spot Watch. So 99% of the Watches I have looked at I just was not into, and add in the fact Windows support on most is an after thought, as most are built with iPhone/Android as main focus.

So maybe I am pinning my hopes to a pipe dream...but this concept could nail me firmly to a Windows Phone for the next 10 years or more. I can live without the gimmicks of the Apple watch, but some would be nice.

So the first concept I fell for was close the Lumia Inspired watch......it was close and if it had come true I would have had a Cyan watch in no time flat !!!!
BkL4nfPCEAEAOSj.jpg

However over at Pocketlint I bumped into concept of what could be a Windows Watch, and this ticks all the boxes !!!!! I would maybe change some of insides, so the battery is not taxed, but over all this is what I want !!!!!! Cortana just seems to make a home for herself, and add in Glance....... I'm a drooling ***** for this !!!!!!!

phpxoc4mh.jpg

There are 10 pictures in total in Gallery.... but a well done almost ad like version........I hope time will reward me for holding out hope..........

Check out The Concept Windows Watch !! Have a towel Ready !!!

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I've seen them before....CONCEPT, only a CONCEPT, Microsoft didn't create them some 3rd party did. They still look good but, again not real products..

Don't get me excited like that, I've been dying for a smartwatch that fully works with Windows Phone.....still a dream...

No offence but, this has been covered before, this thread is a fail...got my hopes up for nothing :(

ishredthecello

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I think the Nokia ones are great. I think what a lot of these smart watch designs are missing is that people don't want to stare into their watch. The watch is supposed to be a quick glance item. Just having basic notifications is great. Just look at my watch, and see oh I have x notifications in Text Messages, a few notifications from Facebook and a few emails from work. Let me get my Smart Phone or Laptop out and take a look. Maybe it could display more information.

I think the main takeaway is that for a device like this to work, it should be simple and the battery should last a long time. I can see this happening with something simple like those Nokia ones. And again, it's a accessory not a full blown device.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I think the Nokia ones are great. I think what a lot of these smart watch designs are missing is that people don't want to stare into their watch. The watch is supposed to be a quick glance item. Just having basic notifications is great. Just look at my watch, and see oh I have x notifications in Text Messages, a few notifications from Facebook and a few emails from work. Let me get my Smart Phone or Laptop out and take a look. Maybe it could display more information.

I think the main takeaway is that for a device like this to work, it should be simple and the battery should last a long time. I can see this happening with something simple like those Nokia ones. And again, it's a accessory not a full blown device.

I agree !! Any thing that is done as a final production model should be just a companion to a phone. First the device should be a watch and provide time/date/day and you can sprinkle in other bits of info that can be set from phone (weather/ a news buzz word or two/ stock price).

Yes add health and fitness sensors if you wish, but most of the computer power can be offloaded to the phone (GPS and other functions).

This is a trick Apple missed, want better battery life make your Windows phone do the so called heavy lifting. I honestly have no idea why people are so hung up on battery life of devices, but a solid 1 or 2 day between charges is no huge hardship.
We have to charge our phones each day, so make a WiFi enabled cradle with wireless charge (like the Moto 360)

Also with respect to media play and phone calls, no audio or video should go through the watch....yes have the ability to control calls or music, but the battery killer is to expect a watch to play hours of media or audio calls and still last.

The watch only needs to act as a second screen with minor inputs.

Also a watch does not need a full range of apps....that is what the phone is for....I still don't get the need to have twitter/facebook/pinterest on the apple watch. Why do I need to compress an app into 1.5" - 2" space??? I am looking to replace my 1020 with a 1320 because I need things to be bigger for my old tired eyes.

So we don't need a super hyper fantasical rez screen.

What Microsoft needs to do is drill down on the basic features and forget the fluff.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett