Hi Folks. After the disaster over at Kreyos I decided to see what remains can be salvaged by a burned owner. Kreyos in a last gracious gesture posted the FW and phone SW on git hub. I am a total noob at programming. Not total noob really, the last time I did my own programming was about 25 years ago with a language and compiler long gone to a museum somewhere. Wanted to share with you what I experience so that someone with interest in moving this forward can have a bit of a headstart.

Yesterday I had some spare time and to my own surprise got the UI working, albeit on a WP8 emulator. I could not get any of my Windows Phones into developers mode to run the app, I will be working on that when I get a chance to talk to a phone expert. Result can be seen here:
    http://youtu.be/jpmR7SHn4Eo
    Took me some experimenting with modern tools:
    - installed Git Hub on my win7 machine
    - installed Eclipse Luna
    - downloaded watch zip files
    - was able to compile, then determined that I have to compile for WP
    - abandoned win7 machine and moved to Win8.1
    - installed Visual Studio 2012 with Windows Phone emulator
    - again downloaded all the files from Git Hub
    - compiled UI
    - result is linked above.

Now I think that this was the easy part. Looks like the basic components are there. I will put the UI aside for now since I want to learn more about the FW. Maybe my interest will be piqued again once the app runs on the phone.
    What I did yesterday with the FW was a bit more tedious than the UI.
    Kreyos chose the MSP430 microcontroller from TI for the watch. Not a bad choice in my opinion from what I can glean from Wiki TI MSP430 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The FW code did not include a VS project. Kreyos hinted at a IAR workbench. This I found at TI and it requires a license to download. Got the license, downloaded and there it is, the workbench. Not sure yet what to do with it. Regardless, I installed version 7 although Kreyos hinted at 5.5 which I was not able to find. Took a few minor tweaks to get the compiler errors addressed, mostly due to compatibility issues with the IAR.
    Last night I was able to compile the FW for IOS but got stuck with linking. Looks like somewhere in the code is a link switch 'xo' which creates a static overlay. MSP430 does not support static overlay. I was not yet able to determine where the switch is set. The makefile does not seem to do that.
    Next time I find some spare time I will try to get all the FW components into the IAR workbench to see if there is any way to manipulate the link command and switches.

Cheers,
    Adil
    Gert Thell likes this.
    10-03-2014 12:59 PM
    The app is now running on a R&D phone, see
    10-06-2014 04:45 PM
    Video wont play, apparently it's set on private.
    10-10-2014 07:08 PM
    Hi,
    it is workign for me when do we get to recieve this app?
    10-10-2014 08:47 PM
    I fixed the video. The app is as it was left by Kreyos. I am not planning to modify anything in the app but was going to tinker with the FW instead. . I am stuck though since I can't get the original IAR version used by Kreyos. Newer versions throw several errors I am still trying to debug.
    The app as is won't do you any good unless you have a developer unlocked phone.
    In all honesty I have to say my motivation is low considering that after a factory reset on the watch I can't even get the wtch to work anymore. Kreyos took the signup server down.
    10-11-2014 03:21 AM
    Could you possibly share the XAP file please?
    10-15-2014 12:12 PM
    Hi Folks. After the disaster over at Kreyos I decided to see what remains can be salvaged by a burned owner. Kreyos in a last gracious gesture posted the FW and phone SW on git hub. I am a total noob at programming. Not total noob really, the last time I did my own programming was about 25 years ago with a language and compiler long gone to a museum somewhere. Wanted to share with you what I experience so that someone with interest in moving this forward can have a bit of a headstart.

Yesterday I had some spare time and to my own surprise got the UI working, albeit on a WP8 emulator. I could not get any of my Windows Phones into developers mode to run the app, I will be working on that when I get a chance to talk to a phone expert. Result can be seen here:
    http://youtu.be/jpmR7SHn4Eo
    Took me some experimenting with modern tools:
    - installed Git Hub on my win7 machine
    - installed Eclipse Luna
    - downloaded watch zip files
    - was able to compile, then determined that I have to compile for WP
    - abandoned win7 machine and moved to Win8.1
    - installed Visual Studio 2012 with Windows Phone emulator
    - again downloaded all the files from Git Hub
    - compiled UI
    - result is linked above.

Now I think that this was the easy part. Looks like the basic components are there. I will put the UI aside for now since I want to learn more about the FW. Maybe my interest will be piqued again once the app runs on the phone.
    What I did yesterday with the FW was a bit more tedious than the UI.
    Kreyos chose the MSP430 microcontroller from TI for the watch. Not a bad choice in my opinion from what I can glean from Wiki TI MSP430 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The FW code did not include a VS project. Kreyos hinted at a IAR workbench. This I found at TI and it requires a license to download. Got the license, downloaded and there it is, the workbench. Not sure yet what to do with it. Regardless, I installed version 7 although Kreyos hinted at 5.5 which I was not able to find. Took a few minor tweaks to get the compiler errors addressed, mostly due to compatibility issues with the IAR.
    Last night I was able to compile the FW for IOS but got stuck with linking. Looks like somewhere in the code is a link switch 'xo' which creates a static overlay. MSP430 does not support static overlay. I was not yet able to determine where the switch is set. The makefile does not seem to do that.
    Next time I find some spare time I will try to get all the FW components into the IAR workbench to see if there is any way to manipulate the link command and switches.

Cheers,
    Adil
    Did you changed its code for removing unused features/bugs? I'm asking because I'm developing this app (from Git Resource) for my friends.
    11-08-2014 02:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD