I just ordered one sight unseen, am I crazy?

Dreaming Silver

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
We need brave early adopters like you! I want to try it on first, but then I've got really skinny wrists.

Of course living in the UK it's all just window shopping for now.

undisputed n00b

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I was about to order one but then I compared the screen specs of the Microsoft Band to the Galaxy Gear Fit (the most similar product) The Microsoft Band has a higher resolution screen (128 x 432 Pixel vs. 320 x 106 pixels), but it has a smaller screen (1.4" vs 1.8") and the Microsoft Band has a LCD screen vs OLED so I'm expecting outdoor readability to be crap. I'll be going to the Microsoft Store tomorrow probably to check it out in person and see how bad the screen really is. After having OLED on all my phones Samsung Focus, Lumia 900,925 (my Lumia 920 is my only LCD phone) I just cant use anything with an LCD screen, they look terrible compared to OLED screens.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
You are definitely not crazy! I just ordered one using the sizing chart. I have big wrists so I just ordered the large. Also got the 5% discount through Bing rewards, I had a $25 promo code from the Microsoft Store since last year from the whole 1520 preorder chaos, and free 2 day shipping for being a Bing rewards member. $165 + tax... Today is a good day! :cool:

Upstate Dunadan

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Ordered mine this morning. This has everything I've been waiting for. Integration with MyFitnessPal, workout tracking (I hope), Cortana, and all the monitoring and tracking. Only question now is execution, and based on tweaking and updates made to the Cortana beta, I believe it will be good, and only get better. What would make it over the top the best? If GymAce (formerly ProGym) integrates to the band or vice versa so that App can be used via the band at the gym. I'd live to stop carrying around my Icon.

mowinemdown

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
The only thing you might have to worry about is the fit. I picked a large one up based on the website chart (yes, I printed it at 100%) and I think it might be a bit too big. I am assuming that the only difference is the band circumference, but it seems that the smaller sizes were a bit thinner width wise.

someoneinwa

May 7, 2011
Visit site
You are not crazy. If my schedule had allowed, I'd be at the Microsoft Store in Seattle today, but it didn't so I ordered on line. It is not quite sight unseen but certainly based on some level of hope. I tried the online wrist measuring chart and ordered the large, which seems right as I had to use the large band for my worn out Fitbit Flex.

GeekPro1

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Join the club man. I awoke at 4am and looked at my phone. I instantly knew that I wanted one. $199 seems a bit high for site unseen. How will I justify it to the wife? I know...i'll order 2! Sold! Lets hope that pitiful size chart works out. I don't think I have a large risk but I got the large.

luxnws

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Based on what people have been posting, the Band looks amazing. I almost did an impulse buy after picking my jaw off the ground and I'm the kind of person who never buys the first iteration. Microsoft sure did a good job surprising everyone (even an UV index indicator? wow!). Waiting for the in-depth reviews especially on the gps.

phelme

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I ordered a large too based on the sizing chart; but I'm thinking it will be big as well. If it is I'll just swap it for a medium when they have them in stock again locally.

Has anyone who ordered one online actually had theirs ship? I ordered one last night and it's still "In process." So I'm thinking it'll arrive Monday at the earliest. :/

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone who ordered one online actually had theirs ship? I ordered one last night and it's still "In process." So I'm thinking it'll arrive Monday at the earliest. :/

Knowing and having dealt with the Microsoft Store before, you'll probably receive the band before the status even changes to shipped.

smurfalarm

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
A warning to people who order online: if the size chart places you at somewhere vaguely around a medium, trust it, and don't try to round up to a large "just in case". I know it says if you're between you should go up to the next size, but if you're just barely above a medium on the paper, then you are a medium. I made the mistake of rounding up to a large because I wasn't feeling confident when I used the chart, and then I went to the Microsoft Store in person today to check it out and try it out before my order arrives. The large is FAR too big. It rattles around on the small of my wrist, and I have to adjust it to nearly the smallest size and push it up my forearm to an inconvenient place just to get it to stay in place properly. The medium is a perfect fit for me.

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I did the same. Got it in one day from Ohio, UPS ground...somehow...must have a really fast truck.
First thoughts from a pebble wearer, thank god it has watch function. Got it mainly because pebble doesn't sync with WP 8. Also got it because of all the sensors.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs