Will the Band work with the Icon?

nullref

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
The only limitation for the 930/Icon is that it must be on 8.1/8.1 Update.... so that is what you are waiting on VZW on... the app isn't even available on the 8.0 store.

meathead88

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I got the Band conencted to my Verizon Icon with Developer Preview.

All is well and working great!

I'm still on Lumia Black firmware.

Upstate Dunadan

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Just went back to find it, but cant. There was a post here or somewhere else linking to a Redit conversation where a couple Microsoft employees were saying the band worked fine if you have Developer Preview of 8.1. I wonder if that critical update last week was related.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Just went back to find it, but cant. There was a post here or somewhere else linking to a Redit conversation where a couple Microsoft employees were saying the band worked fine if you have Developer Preview of 8.1. I wonder if that critical update last week was related.
Here: ScientiaEstPotentia comments on Microsoft announce a $199 fitness tracker

[–]bikerboy2712 1 point 2 hours ago
How does it connect then? With regular Bluetooth?

[–]ScientiaEstPotentia [score hidden] 41 minutes ago
I'm not sure exactly how, all I know is that I had no issues with my Icon on Dev Preview and I'd guess that regular bluetooth would work fine

Very encouraging! I'm definitely getting one now. :)

deejohdumb

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I called Verizon to see when cyan will be released. They told me around Nov 14-16 our thereabouts. So the band should for sure work perfectly before Christmas.

nullref

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
"I will say i haven't been able to quick reply to a text from the watch. But im not sure what the issue could be. "

I'll bet you don't see Cortana tile, Facebook tile, twitter tiles? if so the limitation is 8.1 vs 8.1 Update... go to the "manage tiles" page, and on the top take the update to 8.1 update to get the full functionality... 8.1 is only half the story... 8.1 Update is where you ultimately want to be.

Upstate Dunadan

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Next two days, assuming MS store ships today, are going to be LONG. I have the App (it wasn't in Store, needed to use DL link on MS Store Band product page) but until you pair the Band you can't even get in to play. I hope there is an App or webpage for the Surface. Sometimes its easier to work with the health/fitness data outside the phone.

meathead88

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
"I will say i haven't been able to quick reply to a text from the watch. But im not sure what the issue could be. "

I'll bet you don't see Cortana tile, Facebook tile, twitter tiles? if so the limitation is 8.1 vs 8.1 Update... go to the "manage tiles" page, and on the top take the update to 8.1 update to get the full functionality... 8.1 is only half the story... 8.1 Update is where you ultimately want to be.
Those tiles work fine, so that's not it...

Kleeshay

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
My Icon with the latest Dev Preview is working very well with the band. I also discovered, like Meathead88, that it will not send outgoing text replies. However, Cortana is working just fine. I asked her the weather and it displayed on my band.

It was a pleasant surprise that the Icon/ Band pairing worked without Cyan. I went to the Microsoft Store expecting disappointment. Instead the one disappointed is my girlfriend, who apparently decided this morning the Band would be my Christmas present. Whoops!

ryknown

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
The band would connect to my 822 on the latest Dev Preview but would disconnect immediately. I had four MS employees attempting to get the Band to pair and stay connected for 30 minutes, but it wouldn't work. We tried three different Bands and performed the factory reset on each one, but it still did not work.

I was going to buy a Blu contact free phone to use this for workouts/mountain biking only, but the Blu phone doesn't work with Verizon.

The only phone they had in the store for Verizon that would pair with the Band was the new HTC M8.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb