Battery Life

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So now that people have played with it for a bit, any updates on battery life?

Example: with screen at full brightness, gps active, and continuous heart rate monitoring, how long does the battery last?

drewman77

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I bought mine this morning about 11:45am. It came with a 80% charge.

I activated watch mode about 1pm so the screen is on all the time. Heart rate is on by default, Bluetooth is on. It's now 7:30pm and I'm still at 80%

GPS is only active when in running/jogging/hiking mode and haven't used that yet.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
GPS is only active when in running/jogging/hiking mode

Exactly, another user here who beta tested the band said that he could do 2h with GPS and still make it through the day just fine. I'm just curious about what happens e.g. if you do a 6h hike with GPS on.

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
So far so good, I charged mine a little when I got it and have been playing with it a lot. I took 2 20 minutes walked with the GPS on and still have plenty of battery life left. I plan to charge tomorrow even if it doesn't need it. I am also using watch mode so the screen is always on.

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Inevitably, this will come up. Here is what an MS employee tweeted:

I'm trying this method today, but I wonder what kind of battery is in the band. Will partial charging the way this MS employee did degrade battery life? MS says battery life is 1000 full charges, how many partial charges I wonder?

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I got mine yesterday at noon and beside plugging it in for the setup, I didn't really charge it so it was about 80% when I started using it.
I turned watch mode on pretty much right away. GPS is off.
With playing and plenty of notifications coming in (I get about 100 emails a day, about 50-60 texts and plenty of other notifications) and with heart monitoring on, I am still above 50% based on the little Icon on the Band itself, so it should easily get me through today.
I did not monitor sleep, but I didn't turn off the Band overnight either.
So far I am quite impressed with battery life.

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Pull across on the main screen, like pulling down notification centre on the phone. Shows battery, Bluetooth etc. I don't have one, got that from watching a video on this site.

AdeptMaven

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
you see an indicator when you swipe from the me tile but it wont show you an actual battery percentage until it's plugged in. The battery life has been good though. I charged it to a 100% when I first got it and have worn it a full 24hrs now and I plugged it for a moment to see the charge and it's at 59%. that's with heart rate monitor, Bluetooth, and clock mode turned on the whole time (though I think clock turned off when I went to test the sleep tracker last night). either way their 2 days of battery life seems accurate. If you charge it while you shower, or whenever (supposedly can charge from 0 to %100 in an hour and a half) you have a few moments of inactivity, you should have no battery issues.

valadon

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I started with an 80% charge and wore it for a full 24 hours, including sleep tracking. I then went on a 45 min run with GPS on. The battery was 20% after all of that. I stuck it on the charger and jumped in the shower, after getting dressed and ready it was back up to 80%. Unless I am doing a really long run I don't think I will ever have to charge it except for the 30 min charge it gets while I am in the shower and getting dressed.

Good enough for me!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon