Has anybody's order shipped yet?

georgem1979

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I placed my order on Thursday at 9:17am (EST) and chose next day shipping so I could get it Friday and have it for the weekend. As of 8:30am today, according to UPS's tracking site, they haven't even picked up my shipment.

I spoke to the Microsoft Store Customer Service and they informed me that even though I placed the order hours before the 1pm cutoff, the order was not processed until after. Thus, despite being charged for next day shipping and ordering early enough, their system caused my order to be late and I should receive the band on Monday.

Needless to say, this is unacceptable service. If I had known it'd be like this, I would've just driven the 55 miles to the nearest Microsoft Store to get it in person yesterday.

Waternut13134

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
No kidding! Im upset about this,the whole reason I ordered it on the phone was to get it today without driving hours to the store. They still swear i'm getting it today. My UPS account rep confirmed there is no way they will get here today since they just left today which I already knew.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'm kind of bummed by the shipping status of mine as well. Bought it minutes after it was released Wednesday night. Got a shipping confirmation email at 10 the next morning, but the tracking number didn't show anything until 10:39 last night...Order processed. Then at 2:39 AM this morning, the tracking information said "Package left our facility.". So, it looks like my Next Day delivery will not arrive until Monday.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Ordering or preordering any new product from the Microsoft Online Store has always been a disaster! You can check back to last year with the Lumia 1520 pre-order fiasco and the Lumia 920 before it. I preordered a Lumia 1520 last year and had to cancel because I never received confirmation that it shipped. I drove to a MS physical store to buy the device and when I got home, I see a package sitting on my doorstep with the 1520 I ordered online and the online store still showing as in process.

I ordered my Band yesterday at around 9 am with free 2-day shipping and it still shows as "in process".

So, you may receive the product as intended without having any updates showing. The MS online store really needs to get its sh*t together when it comes to new product releases.

WhiteNiteLite

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Ordering or preordering any new product from the Microsoft Online Store has always been a disaster! You can check back to last year with the Lumia 1520 pre-order fiasco and the Lumia 920 before it. I preordered a Lumia 1520 last year and had to cancel because I never received confirmation that it shipped. I drove to a MS physical store to buy the device and when I got home, I see a package sitting on my doorstep with the 1520 I ordered online and the online store still showing as in process.

I ordered my Band yesterday at around 9 am with free 2-day shipping and it still shows as "in process".

So, you may receive the product as intended without having any updates showing. The MS online store really needs to get its sh*t together when it comes to new product releases.

I ordered my band shortly after midnight on Thursday and it's still showing in process. I'm hoping that what you're saying is the case, because it sounds like a lot of people who ordered after me have already gotten shipping confirmations. I also chose 2 day shipping, so I'll keep my finger crossed that it just shows up by Monday. I really don't want to have to wait longer. I should have just woken up early and driven to the store in that case...

Trunks817

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Got tracking conformation for my Starbucks giftcard but the band and screen protector show as in progress still. Would they spend that much money to ship out the gift card 2-day then ship my band and screen protector separate? Lol.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Got tracking conformation for my Starbucks giftcard but the band and screen protector show as in progress still. Would they spend that much money to ship out the gift card 2-day then ship my band and screen protector separate? Lol.
They probably thought that at least you can enjoy coffee while waiting for band....lol

phelme

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Eh, not thrilled either of the Monday (before 10 AM!) delivery schedule. In my case, since it's being shipped from southern CA to northern, wish they had just stuck it in the mail and I probably would have had it today or tomorrow. :straight:

I'm tempted to stop by the MS store today and see if they have any in stock. I'm pretty sure the large size I ordered is going to be too big anyway.

Final-MacGyver

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I ordered my band shortly after midnight on Thursday and it's still showing in process. I'm hoping that what you're saying is the case, because it sounds like a lot of people who ordered after me have already gotten shipping confirmations. I also chose 2 day shipping, so I'll keep my finger crossed that it just shows up by Monday. I really don't want to have to wait longer. I should have just woken up early and driven to the store in that case...

I'm in the same boat, ordered shortly after it showed up on the site and paid for 2 day delivery and it's still showing in process.

mistic808

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I ordered a medium yesterday sometime around one with one day shipping and it has said processing since and that it should ship by 11/6 it was really pissing me off so I called them and I asked why it was going to take so long and they said that it was out of stock when I ordered it but no one told me and it didn't say that anywhere on their page it's such bull crap

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Mine just finally changed to shipped!

So did mine. I just got a shipping confirmation from MS and the MS Online Store shows "Completed". Although, UPS tracking says that the shipment details can not be located. Hopefully UPS will deliver it on Saturday.

Edit: UPS updated their information. Looks like it was picked up today and not yesterday. I did get 2nd Day Air so we'll see what happens.

Last edited:

Final-MacGyver

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Mine just finally changed to shipped! Hopefully yours does soon.

On the downside, this probably means that I'm not getting it until Tuesday...
We here's to hoping it changes soon, still in process, If it doesn't change before they close out west it'll be probably Monday be for my 2 day order ships.

TheZuneLune

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine Wed. Night around midnight (might have been after) via overnight and it was here this morning. There is a lag for UPS updating statuses.

lizziej

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Mine has arrived. I ordered it hours after the announcement. It then sat at "in progress" for a full day and I was sure it wouldn't arrive on the second day, despite using 2 day shipping. But it did. Less than 8 hours after telling me it was dispatched the UPS man came knocking. Very happy.

tyrok

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I kind of figured this crap would happen. They announce this thing on a Wednesday night with a release the next day but it doesn't end up leaving the warehouse until Friday morning. Now I'm stuck waiting until Tuesday making the free two-day shipping pointless. I guarantee it will get to my UPS facility (less than 5 mins away) early enough on Monday to make it on a truck but it will sit until Tuesday because MS couldn't get it out on time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05