04-28-2015 04:00 PM
61 123
tools
    I just had a terrible time putting on the screen protector. There's a ton a bubbles and scratches. Most likely my fault. I called MicroSoft and the guy in the call center said he can ship me a new one ($9.99) with free one day shipping (normally costs around $16). Awesome.

On Amazon, I can see protectors by ArmorSuit that will only sell by Nov 22.
    I know a trick to avoid those annoying bubbles...

(sorry for my bad english)

Before putting the screen protector, clean the screen first by using a masking tape or any other tape...

Stick the tape to the screen, then remove it. Repeat the process until there is no more dirt... (the tape absorbs it)
    undisputed n00b and jmerrey like this.
    10-31-2014 03:51 AM
    Well if you are typing at a desk with the screen facing the desk, I'm guessing a screen protector might be a good idea. Wait, or were you joking?
    No, not joking. Good point. So the activity pretty much dictates how you should wear it.
    10-31-2014 07:17 AM
    Pretty sure you do not literally have tons of scratches....
    Pretty sure that the bezel of MY device is littered with MANY scratches already after less than one day of normal use. I haven't even worked out with it yet, just been wearing it at the office and at home. It doesn't impair the use of the device, but it sure looks ugly, especially when I tell people it's "brand new."
    10-31-2014 10:36 AM
    wp_20141031_006.jpgwp_20141031_008.jpg

This is what mine looks like after wearing it for a few hours at the office yesterday (desk job) and wearing it at home for one evening. Put your screen protectors on, people. I did not do anything aggressive or even work out with it on yet, this is simply from performing normal tasks while wearing it (face in) on my wrist.

It's hard to capture the scratches properly in this lighting with a camera, it looks worse in person.
    10-31-2014 10:42 AM
    Pretty sure that the bezel of MY device is littered with MANY scratches already after less than one day of normal use. I haven't even worked out with it yet, just been wearing it at the office and at home. It doesn't impair the use of the device, but it sure looks ugly, especially when I tell people it's "brand new."
    i get it but given what this thing is designed to do, i've given up on the idea of keeping it pristine. on the other hand, i do wish the top panel was made of one piece of glass set in the rubber casing. i think that would feel better and would have looked and felt better than setting the panel in the grippy plastic that catches my finger every time i touch the screen.
    10-31-2014 10:45 AM
    Yes, my protectors are Zagg. One of them must have been defective as the yellow pull off was baked onto the surface of the actual protector, that is why the first image looks so bad. The second picture shows how the screen and bezel are not aligned causing a horrible gap around both. I have installed dozens of screen protectors with zero issue so this is quite alarming.
    10-31-2014 10:46 AM
    i get it but given what this thing is designed to do, i've given up on the idea of keeping it pristine. on the other hand, i do wish the top panel was made of one piece of glass set in the rubber casing. i think that would feel better and would have looked and felt better than setting the panel in the grippy plastic that catches my finger every time i touch the screen.
    It's definitely not the end of the world, but I still don't think it should look beat up after a day. Either way, the device is awesome, I just wish this area of the design was a little better.
    10-31-2014 10:53 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20141031_006.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	285.4 KB 
ID:	86195Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20141031_008.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	348.8 KB 
ID:	86196

This is what mine looks like after wearing it for a few hours at the office yesterday (desk job) and wearing it at home for one evening. Put your screen protectors on, people. I did not do anything aggressive or even work out with it on yet, this is simply from performing normal tasks while wearing it (face in) on my wrist.

It's hard to capture the scratches properly in this lighting with a camera, it looks worse in person.
    wow, that's pretty bad. this is what i mean by microsoft shooting itself in the foot. this makes a premium device look cheap because a corner appears to have been cut. why not use the rubber materials up to the actual screen? wy not embed the screen and that sensor on the side into a rubber base? granted it would look a little less shiny, but in terms of durability and how it looks after several weeks of use...i think it would hold up much better.
    10-31-2014 10:58 AM
    I agree. There's a good possibility this was a quick project from design to manufacture to release, but still... it looks ugly when it's got this many scratches after just a day, especially when you want to show it off to people and get them to shell out $200 for one.
    10-31-2014 11:47 AM
    Pretty sure you do not literally have tons of scratches....
    According to OED, he may!

literally
    Line breaks: lit|er¶al¶ly
    Pronunciation: /ˈlɪt(ə)rəli
    adverb
    1 In a literal manner or sense; exactly: the driver took it literally when asked to go straight over the roundabout tiramisu,
    1.1 informal Used for emphasis while not being literally true: I have received literally thousands of letters

10-31-2014 11:56 AM
    My screen protector was easy to apply and looks great. I normally don't use screen protectors since I don't like the look/feel of them, but I'm pretty impressed with the one that came with this device. Mine looks pretty much exactly like the oens posted by bitman417
    10-31-2014 11:58 AM
    How about a "case" or rubber front wrap or something to protect the screen/bezel? Just the front though as a full wraparound case may interfere with the accuracy of the sensor on the back.

Please retweet and hopefully we can get some case companies onboard!

https://twitter.com/Mathew_Lam/statu...37066300030976
    https://twitter.com/Mathew_Lam/statu...37141302595584
    10-31-2014 01:31 PM
    the next version should have a sapphire screen. MS should purchase the GT Advanced sapphire plant on the cheap.
    10-31-2014 01:49 PM
    BTW, if you are nervous putting on the screen protector yourself, the Microsoft Store will install it for you. Mine came out perfectly when they installed it and the little air bubbles came out by morning.
    10-31-2014 02:01 PM
    neither did I, seeing many videos with Starbucks gift cards or screen protector or RunKeeper elite for three months, I am feeling cheated.
    10-31-2014 02:52 PM
    Yes, my protectors are Zagg. One of them must have been defective as the yellow pull off was baked onto the surface of the actual protector, that is why the first image looks so bad. .
    Mine had the same problem... now for the second long trek to the closest MS store near me for a new one.
    10-31-2014 05:35 PM
    I got a screen protector with mine. The store rep put it on for me. It looks fine, no bubbles, wrinkles etc. Just did a twenty minute kettlebell workout as well as fifteen minutes of walking and fifteen minutes in a sauna and it looks like I've been sitting on the couch all day. Put the screen protector on it and have no worries 😊. Also, there's the protection plan which costs twenty bucks you can look into getting.
    10-31-2014 05:40 PM
    Microsoft gave me a second one for free and this one went on a lot better.
    10-31-2014 09:09 PM
    ​Microsoft Store said they will replace under warranty AND give me my free screen protector, no problem. The lady also noted that the Band is very easy to scratch.
    10-31-2014 09:27 PM
    I had them put the protector on at the store. Took them 3 tries before It turned out perfect. They just kept grabbing more screen protectors at no cost to me!
    11-01-2014 08:11 AM
    Hi Bitman, Greeting From Spain, I am interested in buying the new Microsoft band, I would buy the screen protector for the Band, Zagg is the distributor of this screen protector, you could give me references of this screen protector, web Zagg can not find any reference associated with Microsoft Band . Thank you
    11-04-2014 04:14 AM
    I also had yellow baked into the protector portion. In 3 places. So I changed the Band background color to yellow and thus did not notice. However, the protector fell off within several hours. It never seemed to be able to stick to the surface of the screen. I tried for an hour (way too much time).
    11-04-2014 07:55 PM
    I got my Band today and sadly the Microsoft shipping system has made the screen protector arrive later than the Band (protector arrives tomorrow).

I made the MASSIVE mistake of opening the box and putting it on my arm because the thing is a bloody scratch magnet, despite me being incredibly careful. Seems to work ok but whoever designed this without a glass screen should be hung drawn and quartered.

Tomorrow I'll stick the protector on when it arrives, but if you buy one and don't get a wait to install a protector, enjoy your scratches!
    11-04-2014 10:45 PM
    Case would not work as you would have a hard time swiping on this small screen with case all around it.
    11-05-2014 12:15 PM
    I got my Band today and sadly the Microsoft shipping system has made the screen protector arrive later than the Band (protector arrives tomorrow).

I made the MASSIVE mistake of opening the box and putting it on my arm because the thing is a bloody scratch magnet, despite me being incredibly careful. Seems to work ok but whoever designed this without a glass screen should be hung drawn and quartered.

Tomorrow I'll stick the protector on when it arrives, but if you buy one and don't get a wait to install a protector, enjoy your scratches!
    One would think, MS would want to spend just a bit time on screen ergonomics before releasing this device. Curved screen with Gorilla glass is not so much to ask these days. My screen got scratches within an hour before I realized the complimentary screen protector was not an option but a necessity. For MS to market it as a 'bonus' is an insult to the customers.
    11-05-2014 12:19 PM
61 123