Scratched ALREADY!

TheZuneLune

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Yes, my protectors are Zagg. One of them must have been defective as the yellow pull off was baked onto the surface of the actual protector, that is why the first image looks so bad. .

Mine had the same problem... now for the second long trek to the closest MS store near me for a new one.

greyskytheory

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I got a screen protector with mine. The store rep put it on for me. It looks fine, no bubbles, wrinkles etc. Just did a twenty minute kettlebell workout as well as fifteen minutes of walking and fifteen minutes in a sauna and it looks like I've been sitting on the couch all day. Put the screen protector on it and have no worries 😊. Also, there's the protection plan which costs twenty bucks you can look into getting.

rjansen3

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
​Microsoft Store said they will replace under warranty AND give me my free screen protector, no problem. The lady also noted that the Band is very easy to scratch.

Jfm741

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I had them put the protector on at the store. Took them 3 tries before It turned out perfect. They just kept grabbing more screen protectors at no cost to me!

ionfrehley

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi Bitman, Greeting From Spain, I am interested in buying the new Microsoft band, I would buy the screen protector for the Band, Zagg is the distributor of this screen protector, you could give me references of this screen protector, web Zagg can not find any reference associated with Microsoft Band . Thank you

mebby

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I also had yellow baked into the protector portion. In 3 places. So I changed the Band background color to yellow and thus did not notice. However, the protector fell off within several hours. It never seemed to be able to stick to the surface of the screen. I tried for an hour (way too much time).

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I got my Band today and sadly the Microsoft shipping system has made the screen protector arrive later than the Band (protector arrives tomorrow).

I made the MASSIVE mistake of opening the box and putting it on my arm because the thing is a bloody scratch magnet, despite me being incredibly careful. Seems to work ok but whoever designed this without a glass screen should be hung drawn and quartered.

Tomorrow I'll stick the protector on when it arrives, but if you buy one and don't get a wait to install a protector, enjoy your scratches!

Dima Habenko

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I got my Band today and sadly the Microsoft shipping system has made the screen protector arrive later than the Band (protector arrives tomorrow).

I made the MASSIVE mistake of opening the box and putting it on my arm because the thing is a bloody scratch magnet, despite me being incredibly careful. Seems to work ok but whoever designed this without a glass screen should be hung drawn and quartered.

Tomorrow I'll stick the protector on when it arrives, but if you buy one and don't get a wait to install a protector, enjoy your scratches!

One would think, MS would want to spend just a bit time on screen ergonomics before releasing this device. Curved screen with Gorilla glass is not so much to ask these days. My screen got scratches within an hour before I realized the complimentary screen protector was not an option but a necessity. For MS to market it as a 'bonus' is an insult to the customers.

Jordan Mills

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Yep, get the protector. I just got my band, and the ms rep all but demanded I let him take sixty seconds to put the protector on and make sure it had no bubbles. I don't regret it.

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Why when you buy a ?170 device do you have to put bits of stupid cling wrap on it to stop it scratching

my device was delivered today at 12:00 pm 15/04/15 and it has 2 diagonal scratches in the plastic screen already (6 hours later)
I think Microsoft are using banana plastic not gorilla glass
hmmm tasty (anyways I am very annoyed in fact I destroyed it)

1) cling wrap makes it looks bad
2) cling wrap makes it look worse than scratches

"cling wrap" is my name for screen protectors

NN peeps

anon(5335899)

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
The Zagg is a wet application. It's real easy to do and it's clearly explained that it need a bit of time for the (micro) bubbles to work themselves out which they do..

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Just get the Skinomi ones. They are wet application and you get 6 in a pack for under $10 on Amazon.

I didn't get a screen protector with my purchase. After 2 days, I had tiny scratches on the right side of the display even though I though I was being very careful. I had to send it in for warranty because of a faulty HR monitor. In the meantime, I purchased a pack of the Skinomi protectors and put them on my replacement unit as soon as I received it. It looks pretty good, but it did take about a day for the bubbles to work themselves out (I couldn't push the air out of the corner of the actual display screen as it appears to be slightly recessed).

figgyUK

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
There's a guy on youtube polishes out scratches on his laptop case using a car cream. (maguiars plastx) if i'm able to mention it. I can't post the youtube link but search 'How to Remove Scratches from Laptop or Plastic Electronics (Quick Tip)'

Do you think this would work on the band? I too have scratched mine up already :(

bksalt

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Skinomi or Armorsuit both are equally protective, easy to wet apply, and amazingly clear look better than the plain screen.
Highly recommend either of these even for the non-tech's

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
There's a guy on youtube polishes out scratches on his laptop case using a car cream. (maguiars plastx) if i'm able to mention it. I can't post the youtube link but search 'How to Remove Scratches from Laptop or Plastic Electronics (Quick Tip)'

Do you think this would work on the band? I too have scratched mine up already :(

I've been wondering this myself for quite a while now since I have some plastic polisher for clear, translucent parts of a car. Always thought to try it one day never did it :D

LumiaWorld

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Tip to remove those bubbles:

Paste a masking tape on the screen then remove it. Do it again and again until all the dust will be gone.

Sorry for my english

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6