Shop Holiday deals at:Amazon | Walmart | Best Buy | Microsoft | Dell

04-25-2015 04:16 AM
166 1234 ...
tools
    Buy a medium one. O bought 2 large ones, and happily mine fits. My wrist has a circumference of 18 mm if I put a measuring band around it. If I pull it firmly I get down to 17 mm. The large band will definitely NOT fit if you have less than 18mm as I have to use the smallest position of the band lock. I am very sure that a medium one would have been better for me. But, as said, it fits perfectly as long as my wrists don't get smaller :-) But I really had luck. Corresponding to the MS order site I had to order the large version. But this was definitely wrong.
    18mm?!! Do you mean 18cm?
    11-07-2014 11:50 PM
    18mm?!! Do you mean 18cm?
    How do you know they don't hold the record for world's smallest person?
    11-07-2014 11:58 PM
    I was in Redmond, WA for the past 3 weeks and was able to get to the Microsoft Store in Bellevue Square early enough the day they went on sale so that I was third in line. I managed to pick up 2 smalls, one for my wife and one for a buddy in Montreal. I originally didn't want one but after reading more about the phone integration, changed my mind and went back to the store on the Saturday morning. Of course by then, they were all sold out. I left the store to go to the AT&T store to see about buying a Lumia 1020. They didn't have any in stock and suggested I go to the Microsoft store. Back in the Microsoft store and while the sales rep was in the back, another rep came out from the back and announced that they'd just received 30 large bands, so I bought one.
    I set mine up while in the US and now that I'm back home in Toronto, it continues to work just exactly the way it did while in the US. My buddy in Montreal had no trouble setting his up, and I'm just now in the process of setting up my wife's. I needed to register her for the Windows Phone Preview for Developers to get her Lumia 1020 up to Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1.
    Bottom line, no problems using it outside of the US.
    jojoe42 likes this.
    11-08-2014 01:55 AM
    Thanks everyone its great to hear that its working for everyone outside the USA I purchased mine a few days ago now currently in transit to me in Australia should be here Thursday :)
    11-09-2014 05:19 AM
    Can I ask how people paid for theirs. I have a shipping service but not a US registered card and the website wont let me pay with a uk registered one. Well actually I couldn't pick a non US billing address. Also tripped up trying via paypal, presumably as PayPal didn't recognise delivery address (bundlebox)
    11-09-2014 07:47 AM
    Use a concierge service like comgateway.com and go to the "buy for me option" and send them the link with size etc.

I thought they were still out of stock online?
    11-09-2014 07:57 AM
    Ah, thanks for that. Had previously used Bundlebox but they don't purchase on behalf of.

No, they're still unavailable. I was frustrated because I had one lined up when they came out but couldn't complete my order. Now when next available I'll be all set.
    11-09-2014 08:26 AM
    Same thing happened to me. By the time I found this service, they were already sold out, so I had to buy one off eBay for a premium.
    11-09-2014 09:09 AM
    Having read a bit around comgateway, not sure I'd be happy using them. Some seriously bad reviews. Will try and find another unless folks can recommend anyone.
    11-09-2014 09:20 AM
    Having read a bit around comgateway, not sure I'd be happy using them. Some seriously bad reviews. Will try and find another unless folks can recommend anyone.
    Agree, I read those reviews too, but had no choice. Having used them, I found them pretty fast and reliable.
    11-09-2014 01:25 PM
    I'm not sure if someone answered this but I have to ask - Will it work with Android devices outside the US?
    11-09-2014 05:16 PM
    I'm not sure if someone answered this but I have to ask - Will it work with Android devices outside the US?
    If it works on iPhones outside the US then it should work on Android phones too :)
    11-09-2014 06:20 PM
    If it works on iPhones outside the US then it should work on Android phones too :)
    Thanks! What about the App? Will it be inaccessible in the Play Store due to region settings?
    11-09-2014 06:28 PM
    Thanks! What about the App? Will it be inaccessible in the Play Store due to region settings?
    If you change the region of your phone/Play Store (not sure how, I've only owned an Android device for a few weeks) you should be good. Also, the APK will probably be floating around the web somewhere (just make sure it's from a reputable source).
    11-09-2014 09:07 PM
    Im so excited my Band is turning up tomorrow in the UK. Apps installed ready to go, will let you guys know how i get on.
    11-10-2014 11:39 AM
    I got mine today. Is a very very cool gadget. Works fine in India. Detects lot of UV
    11-10-2014 11:50 AM
    How did you got hands on a band in India?
    11-10-2014 08:11 PM
    How did you got hands on a band in India?
    Shipped it using comgateway
    11-10-2014 10:57 PM
    How much custom duty did you pay for this? Does DHL pay for you and collect from you or how does it work?
    11-11-2014 12:02 AM
    Another question... what are you using as a screen protector?
    11-11-2014 12:05 AM
    Yay....! Got mine today in Australia:) all working fine only one thing in not quite sure on is the steps counter. Can someone tell me exactly how it works. Only had it for an hour and only been walking around my house and garden and its only registered 20 steps and Im certain iv done more than that it doesn't seem to increase while walking and watch it!?!
    11-11-2014 01:32 AM
    How much custom duty did you pay for this? Does DHL pay for you and collect from you or how does it work?
    The person I bought the band from attached a bill for 2 bands, totalling 460 USD, so I had to pay INR 4650 as customs duty. If you have the correct bill for only 1 band, it should be less.

DHL paid them on my behalf and I paid the delivery guy. I called customer care beforehand and asked for the customs duty amount in advance.
    RomilHirani and sunc like this.
    11-11-2014 04:24 AM
    Another question... what are you using as a screen protector?
    Mine came with the ZAGG protector. It was a nightmare to install. No matter how I tried, I couldn't get it to stick properly and remove the Yellow part without removing the actual strip. The install results were messy, but today morning when I woke up, I saw that all the bubbles and imperfections had magically disappeared.

Still, get 2 of the screen protectors, just to be safe. Without the screen protector, the display is prone to scratches. Even rubbing with a non micro-fiber cloth causes scratches.

1.jpg

2.jpg
    Last edited by slyronit; 11-11-2014 at 04:42 AM.
    11-11-2014 04:26 AM
    Are you able to see the sleep data in the app? When I open the sleep data in the app, the app crashes all the time.
    11-11-2014 06:14 AM
    Are you able to see the sleep data in the app? When I open the sleep data in the app, the app crashes all the time.
    Yes, no problems. Try uninstalling and installing the app again.
    11-11-2014 09:53 AM
166 1234 ...