Own or buying the MSFT Band outside of USA

BlackSheriff84

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Yay....! Got mine today in Australia:) all working fine only one thing in not quite sure on is the steps counter. Can someone tell me exactly how it works. Only had it for an hour and only been walking around my house and garden and its only registered 20 steps and Im certain iv done more than that it doesn't seem to increase while walking and watch it!?!

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
How much custom duty did you pay for this? Does DHL pay for you and collect from you or how does it work?

The person I bought the band from attached a bill for 2 bands, totalling 460 USD, so I had to pay INR 4650 as customs duty. If you have the correct bill for only 1 band, it should be less.

DHL paid them on my behalf and I paid the delivery guy. I called customer care beforehand and asked for the customs duty amount in advance.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Another question... what are you using as a screen protector?

Mine came with the ZAGG protector. It was a nightmare to install. No matter how I tried, I couldn't get it to stick properly and remove the Yellow part without removing the actual strip. The install results were messy, but today morning when I woke up, I saw that all the bubbles and imperfections had magically disappeared.

Still, get 2 of the screen protectors, just to be safe. Without the screen protector, the display is prone to scratches. Even rubbing with a non micro-fiber cloth causes scratches.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited:

hoermal

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
I need an US iTunes Account. Does anybody know how to get one without billing Information? I just need it to download the MS Heath App.

Snow Wight

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I am in the UK but have friends in the US. If I asked one of them to buy me the band, how would I go about sending them the money? Not sure how to transfer money to the US.

BlackSheriff84

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I need an US iTunes Account. Does anybody know how to get one without billing Information? I just need it to download the MS Heath App.

Lol I was just about to ask this question! There must be a way.

I really wanna get this set up on my works iPhone so that I can use the iPhone MFP app and link my steps from my band.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fopaky