04-25-2015 04:16 AM
166 ... 4567
tools
    Well got mine today, and its too big. :(. Even on its smallest setting its still loose. Totally gutted.
    which size have you got? maybe you can sell it on eBay in UK and buy a smaller one.
    12-11-2014 02:48 PM
    which size have you got? maybe you can sell it on eBay in UK and buy a smaller one.
    I got the large as I was right between sizes so figured it would be fine but its about 5mm too big and just shakes about my wrist. Ordered a medium now which is back in stock so will make the large available at cost on ebay once I find out custom charges.
    12-12-2014 03:12 AM
    Whoop! 😊😊😊 Arrived, it fits, it's gorgeous but now has to be wrapped for Christmas and stare at me from under the tree
    Last edited by markyjns; 12-12-2014 at 05:11 AM.
    Br1an_g likes this.
    12-12-2014 03:41 AM
    Finally got it last night. Very cool!

Just found one of the clasp spring was not working this morning. I'll buy a screwdriver to fix it by myself.
    12-12-2014 02:20 PM
    Contaced bigapplebuddy tuesday evening and received the large band today in switzerland, amazingly fast service!
    12-12-2014 03:10 PM
    Contaced bigapplebuddy tuesday evening and received the large band today in switzerland, amazingly fast service!
    Yeah bigapplebuddy is really good. I just found I'd got 28 emails with them for buying this band. They responded very fast and they were very patient.
    12-12-2014 03:23 PM
    omg can't wait to try one... mine just arrived at my usa address and hopefully will be delivered to me in 5 days yeahhhh
    12-12-2014 05:53 PM
    My medium is out for delivery today. Cant wait.
    12-15-2014 04:05 AM
    Got mine yesterday evening, been using it since and suitably impressed. Build quality is excellent, tracking is accurate so far. Battery life very impressive.
    12-16-2014 12:34 PM
    For those interested, customs charges are 38.51. So total from BAB is 238. Customs was 27.76 vat, plus a 10.75 admin fee!
    Snow Wight likes this.
    12-22-2014 07:43 AM
    Just got my bill from FedEx too.
    12-22-2014 08:52 AM
    How long do they take to bill you? Received mine via Fed Ex on the 12th.
    12-22-2014 04:11 PM
    I also got mine on the 12th. Bill came today.
    12-22-2014 04:24 PM
    For those interested, customs charges are 38.51. So total from BAB is 238. Customs was 27.76 vat, plus a 10.75 admin fee!
    So a purchase off ebay for me was still cheaper than buying from the US, but only because the seller was in the UK.
    12-22-2014 06:04 PM
    I picked one up (as did my wife) on honeymoon in the US a couple of weeks ago when they had them in stock instore and just thought I'd mention that I've not had any problems with the region settings or sync since coming back. Whilst in store the MS rep changed my region to US and downloaded the app letting me sync everything up but then also going to American Cortana and MSN News etc which isn't ideal...

When I got back Friday I checked online and MS actually allow users to have accounts in as many regions as they want, simply change the region and download an app then change back to another region so I've since changed it back to UK and everything's back as it was and I've still got the Health app to manage the band :)

Region info here (not enough posts to link yet: forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/217903-changing-my-windows-phone-store-region.html#post2240689

Getting the region changed on my wife's android HTC One was an absolute nightmare, the guy in the store was terrific though and even had the patience to backup and reset the whole thing in order to change the region, took 2-3hrs total!
    Snow Wight likes this.
    12-24-2014 06:24 PM
    I got a friend to pick one up for me when they were in the US recently and I just received it today. Unfortunately its too big The store only had large in stock. Judging by the guide I thought my wrist would go close, and it does but I think it's just a little too loose to get a good HR read. And in cold weather it would definitely be loose. I haven't turned it on yet though because I'm trying to decide what I do with it. Anyone here in Australia looking to buy a Band in large? Or trade for a medium?
    Last edited by astondg; 12-25-2014 at 03:58 PM.
    12-25-2014 03:48 AM
    Yeah definitely, how much?
    12-26-2014 01:57 AM
    Anyone using the band with Android outside US, how do you access the US store to download the app?
    Iv never used Android simply asking for a friend
    12-28-2014 03:08 PM
    I got a friend to pick one up for me when they were in the US recently and I just received it today. Unfortunately its too big The store only had large in stock. Judging by the guide I thought my wrist would go close, and it does but I think it's just a little too loose to get a good HR read. And in cold weather it would definitely be loose. I haven't turned it on yet though because I'm trying to decide what I do with it. Anyone here in Australia looking to buy a Band in large? Or trade for a medium?

I will swap my medium for your large! Where in Australia are you?
    12-28-2014 03:10 PM
    Hi this is just to say I got mine in italy, it took 3 weeks, because of italian customs... I pay like 30 euro more.
    Now I am quite concerned about the warrant. I dont have any receipt about it, if in case I am having some issues, how will Microsoft aknowledge my band without any proof of purchase?

Anyway I love it, even though I have an isses but I am about to post about it
    12-28-2014 08:45 PM
    I just got word that someone was able to pick one up for me in Charlotte, NC (yay). I hope it comes through the German customs without any problem (fingers crossed)

@lovesurface: How did you order it? What value was posted on your parcel in the customs section? Did you get the whole Band package? I just plan to let the Band + Charger ship to me and mark it as gift in the customs setion of the parcel...
    12-29-2014 06:06 AM
    I have a large band and looking to swap for medium band. I am located in Melbourne, Australia.
    My band is in perfect condition. Used less than 1 week. Had screen protector on since I opened band.
    Anyone interested in swapping their medium band for a Large band, preferable located in Melbourne?
    01-04-2015 05:43 PM
    A word of warning to "us" outside the US in terms of support I recently contacted MS Band Support in relation to rashes/skin irritation to ensure I was cleaning the device properly and if any special method of cleaning was advised and told to clean with a small amount of water on cotton wool balls (Which ive been doing).

Two weeks on I today noticed that there seems to be some form of condensation forming within the band (See image) so contact MS again and asked would this be inspected/replacement within warranty which they have advised it would be however the repair request can only be raised and shipped to a US address.
    Im currently in discussions as to how this can be looked at/replaced.

My concern is if something goes wrong and the device becomes un-usable or the fault becomes worse.

Before anyone asks the device has not been in the shower or submerged under water. Im tempted to try the old rice in a container and try to extract the water but my worry is how it got there in the first place
    01-05-2015 09:57 AM
    Also I do realise this is a risk of buying a product that is not release within the country of the buyer!
    01-05-2015 10:00 AM
    YAY, just got mine (Germany), didn't have to pay any customs fees :) friend who sent it was crative on the customs declaration
    01-20-2015 01:08 PM
166 ... 4567