04-25-2015 04:16 AM
166 ... 567
tools
    I bought it with bigapplebuddy, received it in less then 3 days, very happy
    It cost me 320€, here in Italy I had to pay 66€ for tax and customs charges
    01-21-2015 05:52 AM
    I would really like them to release the band in the UK but I think importing it may be the best issue
    01-26-2015 08:55 AM
    So just thought id create a thread specially for all of us who don't live in the USA and are planning or would really like to buy the Microsoft Band.

I fit under both category's here as I would really like to buy and most probably will if given the chance. However I have a few questions before I jump the gun and get one direct from the US.

Iv downloaded Microsoft Health app to my mobile from the US store and get this message when it try's to receive my account info.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14...d7ec06be42.png

After clicking ok it takes me to the next screen which is

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14...4f6609dab6.png

Once iv entered my details and hit done it takes me to the sync screen

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14...c157ff8d95.png

As I don't own a band that seems to be as far as I can get. So even tho I got the error message to start it looks like I can still connect a band if I was to purchase one.

Question time....

1. Has any one else downloaded the band app to their mobile device from outside USA and what was your experience?

2. Has anyone herd if and when the band will be officially released worldwide?

3. Is anyone planning or have already purchased the Microsoft Band directly from USA from any other country?

Personally I can't see why it wouldn't work outside of USA but if anyone has herd about any issues that may occur, would love to hear it.
    I am living in Germany and bought a band from a chap from these forums (market place) and I can confirm everything works flawlessly.
    01-26-2015 01:32 PM
    One thing to note is it doesn't display non-ANSI characters. I'm in a few Russian whatsapp groups and notifications in Russian (Cyrillic) show up as blocks. I do have my phone locale set to Russian which doesn't have an impact however.
    01-28-2015 12:06 PM
    Here's my story.
    I purchased a MS Band from the US and sent to a friend who resides in Hong Kong. She uses an Android Lenovo phone. She wasn't able to even download the MS Health app. I downloaded from here in US and send the APK to her. Still couldn't install. Got the same screens you did. I subsequently went to HK but downloaded and successfully installed the MS Health app on BOTH my Android Nexus 5 AND my iPad mini. In HK I was able to sync and get the MS Band to work with my devices.
    I do believe that the MS Band doesn't install in Asia BUT does work once installed.
    Gerald
    02-02-2015 05:27 PM
    Fed up waiting for a UK release, ordered one from bigapplebuddy. Hopefully get the same great service as previous posters, can't wait for it to arrive.
    03-09-2015 04:27 PM
    I'll be looking to get one myself. But it'll be difficult I guess. Since you know, they're hard to get hold of.

But I'm needing a UK/Japan release.
    03-10-2015 10:57 PM
    I ll sell mine, with the 1520 RM-937 unlocked. Both in excellent condition.
    PM me.
    03-11-2015 08:23 PM
    I ll sell mine, with the 1520 RM-937 unlocked. Both in excellent condition.
    PM me.
    Have absolutely zero need for the 1520 (got the 930 on Sunday) so no deal. Would rather wait until I'm teaching in Japan anyway before I get one.
    03-12-2015 07:47 PM
    Well you just knew they'd announce a UK release as soon as I bit the bullet and ordered an import!! If I don't get mine before April 15th I'll be .
    03-18-2015 06:10 AM
    Well you just knew they'd announce a UK release as soon as I bit the bullet and ordered an import!! If I don't get mine before April 15th I'll be .
    Yeah I'm going to PC World before work when it releases on April 15th. Look into buying one on release day. Will be nice to have. Wonder if I can develop an app that will allow the Band to take constant heart rate and display it in real time on a desktop application with a background that I can chromakey out, so that I can do heart rate monitored streams. That would be a nice usage case.
    03-18-2015 12:49 PM
    Yes - I am in Australia - bought mine and was trying to set up on a Lumia 930 and was getting the "Network Error"

the Trick that worked for me was to
    1. set the region to USA (that will also enable you to download the MS health APP)
    2. set the language to USA
    3. Importantly - in the Language Settings, I had several languages there - even though you have set the language in the Region tab to USA, you must make sure that in the Language Settings you move the USA language to the top

then it all worked for me. Changing all the regions and settings back didn't effect the operation. Works perfectly in Australia.
    hope this helps.
    04-15-2015 07:52 AM
    Yes - I am in Australia - bought mine and was trying to set up on a Lumia 930 and was getting the "Network Error"

the Trick that worked for me was to
    1. set the region to USA (that will also enable you to download the MS health APP)
    2. set the language to USA
    3. Importantly - in the Language Settings, I had several languages there - even though you have set the language in the Region tab to USA, you must make sure that in the Language Settings you move the USA language to the top

then it all worked for me. Changing all the regions and settings back didn't effect the operation. Works perfectly in Australia.
    hope this helps.
    also works with the UK region, with English UK language. I prefer it - im also Australian - cortana can understand me better than with the US languages
    04-15-2015 09:40 PM
    Im from the Philippines.

Got it for delivered to my doorstep in 8 (business) days for $21 (suppose to be $7/LB but because of the bulky packaging, they charged be for 3Lbs).
    04-16-2015 06:31 AM
    So you have the band what are your impressions of it?
    04-20-2015 08:07 AM
    Any way to claim warranty outside of us? My band screen died on me after a run. I am staying in Singapore but bought mine from best buy us.
    04-25-2015 04:16 AM
166 ... 567