Own or buying the MSFT Band outside of USA

OliverLx

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I live in Germany, own a Lumia 930, everything German, and bought 2 bands quick enough directly from Microsoft Store. BONVU .com sent it to me by UPS. Inc.. their $9 for repackaging + UPS Saver + German customs duty + German VAT (19%) I got the two bands for 2x 245 EUR. The user experience with BONVU .com was simply perfect. Extremely fast (only few hours!) and quick email support (although not needed). Everything works with my Lumia except Cortana (except if I set the German Windows Phone OS to en-us, but it will not understand my 1500 contact names :). So I am extremely happy! Just be careful regarding the bad size. I chose L and happily was right. Bust most people probably should use M. My wrist is 17-18 mm if I use a measuring band and put it loosely or stretched around my wrist. That's the minimum (!) for an L size band.
The only "malfunction" I experienced is that I do not get email notifications except if I set up a VIP email address list which BTW is limited to 10 entries. But I am very sure an update will fix this soon. Text messages, Skype, WhatsApp - everything works like a charm. Even after 24 hours of usage I still simply feel impressed.

craigpugsley

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone.

I too would love to give the Microsoft Band a try - I live in the UK.

So, we have a confirmed report of it working outside of the USA (from Thorstenen - thanks!). I'm willing to give it a go.

My biggest question is about the sizing now. I measured my wrist against the size chart and I, too, came out as having a 'large' wrist. I'm not a large chap, so this is really surprising!

Would it be possible for someone with the Band to please go to the sizing website and check their wrist with the size Band they purchased to confirm it's accurate, please?

h t t p :// w w w.microsoft.c o m /microsoft-band/en-us/sizing

Thank you so much for your help!

OliverLx

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Buy a medium one. O bought 2 large ones, and happily mine fits. My wrist has a circumference of 18 mm if I put a measuring band around it. If I pull it firmly I get down to 17 mm. The large band will definitely NOT fit if you have less than 18mm as I have to use the smallest position of the band lock. I am very sure that a medium one would have been better for me. But, as said, it fits perfectly as long as my wrists don't get smaller :) But I really had luck. Corresponding to the MS order site I had to order the large version. But this was definitely wrong.

joora

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I've ordered the Band through a mail forwarding service, but I have on question:
The shipping service received two packages from MS, one on 11/4 and one on 11/7. Does anyone have similar experience and why two packages?

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I've ordered the Band through a mail forwarding service, but I have on question:
The shipping service received two packages from MS, one on 11/4 and one on 11/7. Does anyone have similar experience and why two packages?

Not sure. Does your forwarding service have a repack option to consolidate the 2 packages into one? That way you won't have to pay extra at least

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Buy a medium one. O bought 2 large ones, and happily mine fits. My wrist has a circumference of 18 mm if I put a measuring band around it. If I pull it firmly I get down to 17 mm. The large band will definitely NOT fit if you have less than 18mm as I have to use the smallest position of the band lock. I am very sure that a medium one would have been better for me. But, as said, it fits perfectly as long as my wrists don't get smaller :) But I really had luck. Corresponding to the MS order site I had to order the large version. But this was definitely wrong.

18mm?!! Do you mean 18cm?

pkadare

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I was in Redmond, WA for the past 3 weeks and was able to get to the Microsoft Store in Bellevue Square early enough the day they went on sale so that I was third in line. I managed to pick up 2 smalls, one for my wife and one for a buddy in Montreal. I originally didn't want one but after reading more about the phone integration, changed my mind and went back to the store on the Saturday morning. Of course by then, they were all sold out. I left the store to go to the AT&T store to see about buying a Lumia 1020. They didn't have any in stock and suggested I go to the Microsoft store. Back in the Microsoft store and while the sales rep was in the back, another rep came out from the back and announced that they'd just received 30 large bands, so I bought one.
I set mine up while in the US and now that I'm back home in Toronto, it continues to work just exactly the way it did while in the US. My buddy in Montreal had no trouble setting his up, and I'm just now in the process of setting up my wife's. I needed to register her for the Windows Phone Preview for Developers to get her Lumia 1020 up to Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1.
Bottom line, no problems using it outside of the US.

BlackSheriff84

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks everyone its great to hear that its working for everyone outside the USA I purchased mine a few days ago now currently in transit to me in Australia should be here Thursday :)

lostlogik

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Can I ask how people paid for theirs. I have a shipping service but not a US registered card and the website wont let me pay with a uk registered one. Well actually I couldn't pick a non US billing address. Also tripped up trying via paypal, presumably as PayPal didn't recognise delivery address (bundlebox)

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Use a concierge service like comgateway.com and go to the "buy for me option" and send them the link with size etc.

I thought they were still out of stock online?

lostlogik

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Ah, thanks for that. Had previously used Bundlebox but they don't purchase on behalf of.

No, they're still unavailable. I was frustrated because I had one lined up when they came out but couldn't complete my order. Now when next available I'll be all set.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Same thing happened to me. By the time I found this service, they were already sold out, so I had to buy one off eBay for a premium.

lostlogik

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Having read a bit around comgateway, not sure I'd be happy using them. Some seriously bad reviews. Will try and find another unless folks can recommend anyone.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Having read a bit around comgateway, not sure I'd be happy using them. Some seriously bad reviews. Will try and find another unless folks can recommend anyone.

Agree, I read those reviews too, but had no choice. Having used them, I found them pretty fast and reliable.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! What about the App? Will it be inaccessible in the Play Store due to region settings?

If you change the region of your phone/Play Store (not sure how, I've only owned an Android device for a few weeks) you should be good. Also, the APK will probably be floating around the web somewhere (just make sure it's from a reputable source).

sutt359

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Im so excited my Band is turning up tomorrow in the UK. Apps installed ready to go, will let you guys know how i get on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss