Own or buying the MSFT Band outside of USA

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I got a friend to pick one up for me when they were in the US recently and I just received it today. Unfortunately its too big :cry: The store only had large in stock. Judging by the guide I thought my wrist would go close, and it does but I think it's just a little too loose to get a good HR read. And in cold weather it would definitely be loose. I haven't turned it on yet though because I'm trying to decide what I do with it. Anyone here in Australia looking to buy a Band in large? Or trade for a medium?

Last edited:

BlackSheriff84

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I got a friend to pick one up for me when they were in the US recently and I just received it today. Unfortunately its too big :cry: The store only had large in stock. Judging by the guide I thought my wrist would go close, and it does but I think it's just a little too loose to get a good HR read. And in cold weather it would definitely be loose. I haven't turned it on yet though because I'm trying to decide what I do with it. Anyone here in Australia looking to buy a Band in large? Or trade for a medium?

I will swap my medium for your large! Where in Australia are you?

lovesurface

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi this is just to say I got mine in italy, it took 3 weeks, because of italian customs... I pay like 30 euro more.
Now I am quite concerned about the warrant. I dont have any receipt about it, if in case I am having some issues, how will Microsoft aknowledge my band without any proof of purchase?

Anyway I love it, even though I have an isses but I am about to post about it

Penecho

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I just got word that someone was able to pick one up for me in Charlotte, NC (yay). I hope it comes through the German customs without any problem (fingers crossed)

@lovesurface: How did you order it? What value was posted on your parcel in the customs section? Did you get the whole Band package? I just plan to let the Band + Charger ship to me and mark it as gift in the customs setion of the parcel...

Brentd6

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
I have a large band and looking to swap for medium band. I am located in Melbourne, Australia.
My band is in perfect condition. Used less than 1 week. Had screen protector on since I opened band.
Anyone interested in swapping their medium band for a Large band, preferable located in Melbourne?

Th3P

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
A word of warning to "us" outside the US in terms of support I recently contacted MS Band Support in relation to rashes/skin irritation to ensure I was cleaning the device properly and if any special method of cleaning was advised and told to clean with a small amount of water on cotton wool balls (Which ive been doing).

Two weeks on I today noticed that there seems to be some form of condensation forming within the band (See image) so contact MS again and asked would this be inspected/replacement within warranty which they have advised it would be however the repair request can only be raised and shipped to a US address.
Im currently in discussions as to how this can be looked at/replaced.

My concern is if something goes wrong and the device becomes un-usable or the fault becomes worse.

Before anyone asks the device has not been in the shower or submerged under water. Im tempted to try the old rice in a container and try to extract the water but my worry is how it got there in the first place

OberstDanjeje

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I bought it with bigapplebuddy, received it in less then 3 days, very happy
It cost me 320€, here in Italy I had to pay 66€ for tax and customs charges

bramstone123

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
So just thought id create a thread specially for all of us who don't live in the USA and are planning or would really like to buy the Microsoft Band.

I fit under both category's here as I would really like to buy and most probably will if given the chance. However I have a few questions before I jump the gun and get one direct from the US.

Iv downloaded Microsoft Health app to my mobile from the US store and get this message when it try's to receive my account info.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/30/521be0792f93630b7c8280d7ec06be42.png

After clicking ok it takes me to the next screen which is

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/30/93559187e927b37644c7ec4f6609dab6.png

Once iv entered my details and hit done it takes me to the sync screen

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/30/e476824893ee1ffaa0e967c157ff8d95.png

As I don't own a band that seems to be as far as I can get. So even tho I got the error message to start it looks like I can still connect a band if I was to purchase one.

Question time....

1. Has any one else downloaded the band app to their mobile device from outside USA and what was your experience?

2. Has anyone herd if and when the band will be officially released worldwide?

3. Is anyone planning or have already purchased the Microsoft Band directly from USA from any other country?

Personally I can't see why it wouldn't work outside of USA but if anyone has herd about any issues that may occur, would love to hear it.
I am living in Germany and bought a band from a chap from these forums (market place) and I can confirm everything works flawlessly.

WinampLlama

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
One thing to note is it doesn't display non-ANSI characters. I'm in a few Russian whatsapp groups and notifications in Russian (Cyrillic) show up as blocks. I do have my phone locale set to Russian which doesn't have an impact however.

Gerald Soo

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
Here's my story.
I purchased a MS Band from the US and sent to a friend who resides in Hong Kong. She uses an Android Lenovo phone. She wasn't able to even download the MS Health app. I downloaded from here in US and send the APK to her. Still couldn't install. Got the same screens you did. I subsequently went to HK but downloaded and successfully installed the MS Health app on BOTH my Android Nexus 5 AND my iPad mini. In HK I was able to sync and get the MS Band to work with my devices.
I do believe that the MS Band doesn't install in Asia BUT does work once installed.
Gerald

dan.booth

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Fed up waiting for a UK release, ordered one from bigapplebuddy. Hopefully get the same great service as previous posters, can't wait for it to arrive.

dan.booth

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well you just knew they'd announce a UK release as soon as I bit the bullet and ordered an import!! If I don't get mine before April 15th I'll be :angry:.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786