Own or buying the MSFT Band outside of USA

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Well you just knew they'd announce a UK release as soon as I bit the bullet and ordered an import!! If I don't get mine before April 15th I'll be :angry:.

Yeah I'm going to PC World before work when it releases on April 15th. Look into buying one on release day. Will be nice to have. Wonder if I can develop an app that will allow the Band to take constant heart rate and display it in real time on a desktop application with a background that I can chromakey out, so that I can do heart rate monitored streams. That would be a nice usage case.

Mark Pullen

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Yes - I am in Australia - bought mine and was trying to set up on a Lumia 930 and was getting the "Network Error"

the Trick that worked for me was to
  1. set the region to USA (that will also enable you to download the MS health APP)
  2. set the language to USA
  3. Importantly - in the Language Settings, I had several languages there - even though you have set the language in the Region tab to USA, you must make sure that in the Language Settings you move the USA language to the top

then it all worked for me. Changing all the regions and settings back didn't effect the operation. Works perfectly in Australia.
hope this helps.

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Yes - I am in Australia - bought mine and was trying to set up on a Lumia 930 and was getting the "Network Error"

the Trick that worked for me was to
  1. set the region to USA (that will also enable you to download the MS health APP)
  2. set the language to USA
  3. Importantly - in the Language Settings, I had several languages there - even though you have set the language in the Region tab to USA, you must make sure that in the Language Settings you move the USA language to the top

then it all worked for me. Changing all the regions and settings back didn't effect the operation. Works perfectly in Australia.
hope this helps.

also works with the UK region, with English UK language. I prefer it - im also Australian - cortana can understand me better than with the US languages

jekbu

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Im from the Philippines.

Got it for delivered to my doorstep in 8 (business) days for $21 (suppose to be $7/LB but because of the bulky packaging, they charged be for 3Lbs).

joolz

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
Any way to claim warranty outside of us? My band screen died on me after a run. I am staying in Singapore but bought mine from best buy us.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05