Cortana Messaging Integration

TechmeIN64

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Is it possible to use Cortana/voice dictation to respond to a message that you receive on the Band? I know that you can preload four responses, but is voice dictation a feature for messaging? If not, I hope it will be integrated soon because that sounds useful.
Side note: the Band doesn't have NFC right?

bitman417

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
If you have Cortana, you can hold the action button down to activate her, and simply use the same commands as you would on your phone to send a text message.

For example:
activate Cortana on the Band and simply say "Text Andrew, Hey man, nice shot."
It'll popup on the screen and show "Sure thing, I'll text Andrew, Hey man nice shot. Send it, add more, or try again.?"
Hold action button again to active Cortana and simply say, "Send it"

Hope that helps and answers your question.

cddigi

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Ahhh, I have to say "Send it." I feel dumb. I tried using Cortana last night to send a text but I was expecting the button "Send" since their was a "Cancel."

bitman417

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I agree. Cortana is a pretty cool feature on the Band.

You can perform almost all of Cortana's abilities on your Band. (Ask for the weather, send a text msg, etc)

bitman417

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Yes. She'll give you a few options to choose from, and from there, you will need to activate her again so she's listening, and give the command. Like "Send it"

Oliverspin

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Yes. She'll give you a few options to choose from, and from there, you will need to activate her again so she's listening, and give the command. Like "Send it"

Okay, so that is where it differs from using Cortana on the phone. Why can't she just keep listening?

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tried this in the car? Does she listen through the band's mic or does the action button activate the car hands free system?

muvig

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
There is a bug on Cortana UK,
sometimes when i receive a txt message & i say "read" to Cortana after she had asked whether to read or not, she answers me me back saying "who do i want to send the text message to" instead of reading the message. this happens a couple of times such that i am longer answer back by voice as i am now afraid to be embarrassed when i am among some friends e.t.c.

Am i alone who is facing this challenge?

cddigi

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tried this in the car? Does she listen through the band's mic or does the action button activate the car hands free system?

I guess it would all depend on how you initiated her. She'll know which Bluetooth device you activated and then use that device for that specific voice session.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo