MS Band - Missing Cortana, and other Apps w/ 8.1 Cyan

tdavi82

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I contacted MS support about my Band and how Cortana is not in the app list. I also do not have Email, FB, Messenger, Twitter, etc. If I hold the Action button on the Band, Cortana comes up but then says BT is not connected or close by.

The MS support rep said I need the 8.1 Update.. This is not WP 8.1, but the newer update running on Dev Preview. He could not specifically say "update to the dev preview".

I hope this helps others who are having issues with using Cortana, or noticing not all the tiles are available.

ProFilmLA

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Same issue for me. I am missing the Call, Email Twitter and Facebook tiles. I'm using Lumia 925 with freshly loaded official Win 8.1 (just got 8.1 update the night the band was released). Haven't been able to find out whats up...

Displacedtex

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for confirming my suspicion. It seems a little deceptive of MS to advertise all over their site this functionality but it not being available without the dev preview. And every time I start to sign up for that I get cold feet when I get to the "STOP! Read this" warning.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett