Partners and Apps I Would Like to See

Bkr11

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I have a Concept 2 rower at home. Given they even show somebody rowing on the Band homepage, something could track strokes per minute (if you tell it your activity is rowing) would be cool. Doesn't need to integrate with software, but I've already pinged Rowpro to see whether they might integrate w/ Health and/or HealthVault in the future.

yaggs

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I would love to see an app that store loyalty cards that you can use to quickly pull up a scan-able barcode on your wrist!

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Great topic. The Band is opening up a complete new field for developers.
What I would like to know is what apps you would think would be a great addition beyond health and notifications?
I am trying to think completely out of the box here.

TheArcaneFlame

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I would like to see integration with the Runtastic apps.

I would also really like Garmin Connect to sync up so that cycling data would get imported. Ideally Microsoft Health would recognize that the workouts tracked on my Garmin Edge (bike computer) and Band happened at the same time and combine the data automatically. (or at least offer to do so) This way cycling specific data such as cadence or power output could be combined with the data from the Band to give a more complete profile of the workout. It would also mean I wouldn't need to wear a separate heart rate strap as it could just use the heart rate data from the band.

(On a side note, if Garmin would ever get off their asses and develop a Garmin Connect app for Windows Phone we could get wireless upload of data as well as live tracking and weather info. Perhaps if they saw Microsoft Health as a promising platform it might finally push them to make this a reality. Fingers crossed.)

Direct music controls are also a must. Having the ability to speak to Cortana and control music is nice, but I just want to be able to swipe or hit a button to control my music as needed. I have to believe this functionality will come in an update as it just seems so obvious. The option to display artist/track info would be slick as well.

thericeman

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I would like to see integration with the Runtastic apps.... Direct music controls are also a must. Having the ability to speak to Cortana and control music is nice, but I just want to be able to swipe or hit a button to control my music as needed. I have to believe this functionality will come in an update as it just seems so obvious. The option to display artist/track info would be slick as well.

Me, too! Although, since Runtastic sells competing hardware (albeit only for IOS and Android), I don't think we'll see that happening. :(

TheZuneLune

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Great topic. The Band is opening up a complete new field for developers.
What I would like to know is what apps you would think would be a great addition beyond health and notifications?
I am trying to think completely out of the box here.
I got the impression they were only opening it to health and fitness related apps.

sketchy9

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I have a Concept 2 rower at home. Given they even show somebody rowing on the Band homepage, something could track strokes per minute (if you tell it your activity is rowing) would be cool. Doesn't need to integrate with software, but I've already pinged Rowpro to see whether they might integrate w/ Health and/or HealthVault in the future.

That seems like a great idea! I wouldn't get my hopes up about Rowpro, their software looks like it was designed in '90s and hasn't had a UI/UX update since. I know it's more recent than that, but for how much it costs, and the year that it is now, it shouldn't be as ****-poor as it actually is.

I used the Band while rowing just as a generic workout and it seemed to get the calorie burn about right. Good enough for now, I suppose.

noirsoft

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to see my app PollenWatch run on the Band and let me know the local allergy information. Of course, I first need to update it to work after pollen.com changed their message format several months ago! :)

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully MS doesn't drop the ball on this. The Band should be the #1 integrator of fitness services. They should not allow Apple to trump them on this. Let the Apple Watch be a mini-iPhone.

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
How about a biking app/ hiking app with average speed, climb, comparison to earlier rides on the same route, directions (1 vibration right, 2 vibrations left)...

TheZuneLune

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
How about a biking app/ hiking app with average speed, climb, comparison to earlier rides on the same route, directions (1 vibration right, 2 vibrations left)...

I wonder if the GPS can be used to prompt you for hiking directions if you were to preload your route. Not that it would replace your maps, but help you not to miss a turn.

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if the GPS can be used to prompt you for hiking directions if you were to preload your route. Not that it would replace your maps, but help you not to miss a turn.

I was thinking about that. If you could trigger a vibration when a turn is close and display an arrow for direction on the band, that would be pretty cool for not only hiking, but overall directions.
I guess you would still need to have the phone with you plan your route, but those little directions on your wrist would be nice.
I read though, that Cortana already can give directions, just haven't figured out how yet.
I will keep playing with it, maybe this is already there.

TheZuneLune

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
As a matter of fact, Here integration would rock. Instead of voice prompts, vibrations. You could can glance at your phone to see the directions. No more music interruption!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos