Hp watch no wp support?

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
HP's Gaudy Smartwatch Will Be Surprisingly Affordable
Not a fan of the wristband, but this is the kind of concept I have been desiring in a smart watch. Would be perfect with analog dial/hands.......
Very simplistic and unobtrusive notifications that blend in with the design language of the device.

Really disappointed in HP for announcing only Android and iOS support. Should really consider adding Windows Phone

Anyone else think something like this would be great on WP?
I personally think a model with Bing integration, new wrist strap, dials/hands, and well... New case would be amazing

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
This is why I prefer the MS Band and am happy it exists. None of these companies have WP support and the Band has pretty much the same functionality and costs less, plus it will get updates to add features. Why sit around hoping these companies will half heartedly support WP, I for one wont miss this device.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
This is why I prefer the MS Band and am happy it exists. None of these companies have WP support and the Band has pretty much the same functionality and costs less, plus it will get updates to add features. Why sit around hoping these companies will half heartedly support WP, I for one wont miss this device.

The difference is the HP Chronowing looks like a traditional watch. Michael Bastian and HP introduce the Chronowing smartwatch | Connectedly It is something that could be worn to work at an office. The Band is too sporty looking to wear with business attire.

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
This HP watch looks classy. There's a lot of nice watch tech coming out that does all sorts of cool stuff. From my understanding, this watch won't run any type of apps, which isn't too disappointing.

I just wish that the Microsoft Band had voice activation like the other smart wrist devices. I want to be able to tell it to do something when I don't have a free hand to push a button, even if it decreases the battery life slightly.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
The difference is the HP Chronowing looks like a traditional watch. Michael Bastian and HP introduce the Chronowing smartwatch | Connectedly It is something that could be worn to work at an office. The Band is too sporty looking to wear with business attire.

I don't see why the band is too sporty, fitness bands are nothing out of the ordinary and loads of people wear them so shouldn't look out of place with business attire. Smartphones at one point were the preserve of the tech geek now everyone has one, same with this.

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't see why the band is too sporty, fitness bands are nothing out of the ordinary and loads of people wear them so shouldn't look out of place with business attire. Smartphones at one point were the preserve of the tech geek now everyone has one, same with this.
Depends, probably would not wear the band with my suit. Can see myself doing so with the HP one..
Pretty sure everyone had a Palm, still a pretty smart device haha.

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
416CHKGAGRL._SY450_.jpg
Smartwatch from 2004 .. 2 Day battery, and runs full apps haha
R.I.P Palm, PalmOS, WebOS

EDIT: Forgot to mention that this was the true 'geek' watch. Moto dragonball CPU, does spreadsheets, .... , edit code ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs