BUGS in Microsoft band health app for WP

Snowy Nokia

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
So far I've noticed my first bug in the app.
If you track sleep at 0h 0m and try to see the results the app would freeze and close.
Share your bugs!

Michael_JL

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I noticed that installing the MS Health App causes my Lumia 1520.2 to go from 25sec boot to an 80 sec boot, long lag on the Windows Logo boot screen. When I uninstall the app and delete the Band Bluetooth pairing boot time goes back to 25sec.
Also, Weather app doesn't always work..even though maps, etc. find GPS location OK.
Other than these issues I am happy. Hopefully issues will be fixed in the future.

ytrewq

May 22, 2014
Visit site
The daily calorie count always pushes the calories from workouts to the next day. So, if I burn 1200 calories exercising today, it won't show up in the app's calorie count for today, but it will show up in tomorrow's calorie count.

Snowy Nokia

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
The daily calorie count always pushes the calories from workouts to the next day. So, if I burn 1200 calories exercising today, it won't show up in the app's calorie count for today, but it will show up in tomorrow's calorie count.

That's a really bad one! Sorry to hear. Have not tried it yet, but for sure will do.

Final-MacGyver

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I noticed in the step tracking that when you click on the steps for the a previous day it shows you your steps but when you scroll down on the current day to see previous ones the number is completely wrong. wp_ss_20141106_0001.png wp_ss_20141106_0002 1.pngLooking at the day now it has turned my 12000 + steps into 72. But if you read below it shows the accurate steps and if you look at the days graph it show the accurate count.

Last edited:

Brian Gobrecht

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I noticed that installing the MS Health App causes my Lumia 1520.2 to go from 25sec boot to an 80 sec boot, long lag on the Windows Logo boot screen. When I uninstall the app and delete the Band Bluetooth pairing boot time goes back to 25sec.
Also, Weather app doesn't always work..even though maps, etc. find GPS location OK.
Other than these issues I am happy. Hopefully issues will be fixed in the future.
I have this and i dont even have the band yet have a 820 on ATT. notice that the ATT logo screen stays on longer as well. dont even have bluetooth on

mistaclark

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
When I installed it didn't accept my zip-code; starts with a zero. Its a simple programming error having to do with the fact that "real" numbers don't start with 0. So it drops the leading zero, and thus my zip-code isn't the correct length anymore, once it does that.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Half way through yesterday all my steps and calories reset to 0.

Posted screenshots in Missing Data post. That's a pretty bad bug!

Interesting to read the post above where calories post to the next day. That would explain why mine are missing.... and that is also a bad bug. Hopefully they can rerun a global recalc function on the entire set of uploaded data to recalculate those numbers correctly.

TRICSIO

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
The alarm functionality is very limited to a one-time set only. The app should allow for daily or weekly alarms . I heavily rely on my band to wake me.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
When you use Cortana the phone unlocks and she runs full screen and is left running full screen. Now when the phone is in my pocket, that's just plain dangerous and so I'd call it a bug.

Arsenic17

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I have had a bunch of bugs involving mostly the archive of all data. IN the screens where it shows your past few days calories burned, steps walked, and everything else, it has incorrect data shown. This messes up all the graphs and such. However, upon clicking on the days, it then shows the right values. This makes it hard to compare given days. It seems random to which days get messed up. For example, Tuesday this week my calories show as like 600 for the whole day, where as normally I should have 2500-3000.

I also have problems getting step counter to work for me. I get lots of phantom steps all day, particularly when I am biking around town.

CW McGowen

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I have come across two bugs.
1) Also have the 0h0m sleep bug.
2) My steps advance while driving, this morning I achieved 1700 steps by driving 3 miles in a rough suspensioned truck and 1200 steps while driving 2 hours in a fairly smooth car.
3) Getting credit for steps also invalidates the Calorie Burn.

hoermal

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
I have got a problem with the sleep monitoring. The App crashes everytime when I would like to see the sleep statistics. All other things work fine.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Sort of half a bug. When there's no network access, the app doesn't show any data at all. That seems odd, shouldn't it at least cache some info from the previous week? I tried to show off the app and all the cool data to some friends, so this was not a great advertisement..

BWilson80

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Calorie burn history frequently shows less or more than what is reported on the band. Sometimes its off by over 100, but ive had it show as off by more than 2200 calories! I made a separate thread on this issue, but it hasn't popped up yet...
This could be related to the above bug about workout calories showing up the following day.
Hopefully you guys are leaving your bug finds in the app feedback so they can be fixed!

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Did a workout, synced the phone and the last shown work out was from 2 days ago. Went into the activity history and today's workout showed there, just not on the front screen.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Calorie burn history frequently shows less or more than what is reported on the band. Sometimes its off by over 100, but ive had it show as off by more than 2200 calories! I made a separate thread on this issue, but it hasn't popped up yet...
This could be related to the above bug about workout calories showing up the following day.
Hopefully you guys are leaving your bug finds in the app feedback so they can be fixed!

Didn't know there was app feedback. Will do that, thanks!

Edit: I don't see it in-app. Where is it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans