FB notifications not working with notification type set to "Live Tile Only". Lumia 1020

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just got the Band today and after figuring out that I needed to install the developer preview version of the OS on my 1020 to even see FB, I ran into a problem where I wasn't getting FB notifications at all. Once I changed the notification type from "Live Tile Only" to "Live Tile and Toasts", I started getting notifications on the Band. Hopefully they'll fix this since I don't like toasts on the phone (distracting/cover up the time/battery/etc for too long). Aside from that, I'm liking the Band so far.

Anyone else running into notification issues?

cddigi

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: FB notifications not working with notification type set to "Live Tile Only". Lumia 1020

I have live tile and toasts set on my 1020 but I haven't gotten any toasts in a few weeks. The tile will update like once an hour though so if I got anything the tile will update. But since toasts aren't working it won't send a notification to the band. FB Messenger works just fine though.

Last edited:

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: FB notifications not working with notification type set to "Live Tile Only". Lumia 1020

. Hopefully they'll fix this since I don't like toasts on the phone (distracting/cover up the time/battery/etc for too long).
You know on your phone, you can swipe those toast notifications away to the right, right?

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

You know on your phone, you can swipe those toast notifications away to the right, right?

Yeah, but it becomes quite the irritating swiping workout when you have several particularly active Facebook threads going on at the same time and it keeps dropping down toasts that get in the way of navigating an unrelated app. I like having toasts on for texts because they're all important and need my attention now, but Facebook can wait, and it shouldn't get in the way. I do want to know at a glance on my wrist - when I'm good and ready - that I need to pay attention to it.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I have live tile and toasts set on my 1020 but I haven't gotten any toasts in a few weeks. The tile will update like once an hour though so if I got anything the tile will update. But since toasts aren't working it won't send a notification to the band. FB Messenger works just fine though.

I wish my toasts were broken :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720