So yeah
    LUMIA1020--8.1 with updated developer version for the extra Microsoft band tiles
    works for a bit--like 10-15 minutes--then nada

the phone loses all connection to the band and when you go to swipe the "off" toggle for BLUETOOTH
    it just gets stuck with the little "im thinking" dots flying across the top of the screen

--wiped phone with recovery tool twice (god that takes 800 years)
    --soft resets galore
    --repaired the devices 100 times

any help?
    Last edited by B1zzle; 11-02-2014 at 02:20 PM.
    11-01-2014 11:45 PM
    I'm in the same boat. Bought mine from the MSFT store and it worked all day yesterday perfectly. Went to sleep without it on (on purpose), woke up, and couldn't get it to pair with my phone. Tried on and off all day, checked my phone and the app for updates, and even did a reset on the Band. No luck. Using a Lumia 920 with Cyan (developer preview also) with OS version 8.10.14192.280.
    11-02-2014 12:37 AM
    **update**

in the past 15 minutes my phone has reset itself
    twice

that would be about 4 times tonight since dinner at 6
    11-02-2014 12:59 AM
    Actually, I was able to do some more searching and found a fix. Assuming yours has the same issue as mine. I had too many background tasks running. Follow this article and disable everything you don't need and see if that helps!

Here's the link:
    http://www.windowscentral.com/backgr...ndows-phone-81
    11-02-2014 01:03 AM
    Disabling background app may have fixed it for me. Can't say for sure but I posted the steps I took somewhere else in this forum.

After disabling all the background apps you can...turn off your phone and band. Turn the phone on first and then wait a bit before you turn on the band. Hope it helps!
    11-02-2014 01:35 AM
    ha i finally found that article too and have since disabled non essential things and so far so good, i am on the longest streak yet of it not dropping the issue.
    Last edited by B1zzle; 11-02-2014 at 02:20 PM.
    11-02-2014 01:39 AM
    I'm guessing it had been a while since I did it on my phone. There were at least 20-30 apps "allowed" that shouldn't have been. I think the only ones I left were: Microsoft Health, Maps, Weather, and Cortana.
    11-02-2014 10:05 AM
    well boo
    it was working better
    but now back to losing connection alot
    and my phone unable to turn bluetooth off or on again :( :( :( :(

in other news i just used the band to track a 45 min walk with gps
    pretty slick stuff with the graphs it gives u on the phone app when you are done
    11-02-2014 02:21 PM
    I'm sorry to say but this product really disappointed me. I pre-ordered my device and had been waiting for this anxiously. I have wasted the last 2 hours trying to turn it on and off and can't get it to be more than a stupid heart rate tracking device. Cortana or text messages don't work for me. I have disabled every single background app there is and yet this doesn't work.

What's most fustrating is that this is a Microsoft product that doesn't work well with it's own Microsoft product. How on earth did this get through testing? How can someone not have tested this on a 1020? If this is a known issue then I should have received a warning at the very least on the Microsoft Health app or the band itself when it detected that I am connecting to a Nokia 1020. That way I would have just thrown away my Nokia 1020 and not wasted time trying to get it to work.

I am thoroughly disappointed and will be returning this product. Please don't waste your time and emotional energy on this product. Sigh.
    11-05-2014 03:05 AM
    I'm sorry to say but this product really disappointed me. I pre-ordered my device and had been waiting for this anxiously. I have wasted the last 2 hours trying to turn it on and off and can't get it to be more than a stupid heart rate tracking device. Cortana or text messages don't work for me. I have disabled every single background app there is and yet this doesn't work.

What's most fustrating is that this is a Microsoft product that doesn't work well with it's own Microsoft product. How on earth did this get through testing? How can someone not have tested this on a 1020? If this is a known issue then I should have received a warning at the very least on the Microsoft Health app or the band itself when it detected that I am connecting to a Nokia 1020. That way I would have just thrown away my Nokia 1020 and not wasted time trying to get it to work.

I am thoroughly disappointed and will be returning this product. Please don't waste your time and emotional energy on this product. Sigh.
    Picture please of your band and your phone Mr. 1st post unlikely user who is 'enthusiastic' in name but complaining by post.
    Noahma likes this.
    11-05-2014 11:58 AM
    I'm in the same boat with my 1020... have tried several soft and hard resets on both devices and Bluetooth wont stay connected, so Cortana has yet to work on the Band. I'm on stock cyan, wondering if I should upgrade to dev preview. btw have a treasure tag connected fine so I don't think its a hardware issue with the phone
    11-06-2014 11:21 AM
    sterling

go to battery settings and over to usage and if you have a lot of apps running in background
    switch them to be not allowed
    see if that helps some
    11-06-2014 11:26 AM
    I'm in the same boat with my 1020... have tried several soft and hard resets on both devices and Bluetooth wont stay connected, so Cortana has yet to work on the Band. I'm on stock cyan, wondering if I should upgrade to dev preview. btw have a treasure tag connected fine so I don't think its a hardware issue with the phone
    I'm having the same problem with my AT&T Lumia 1520 with Cyan (no dev preview). Bluetooth won't stay connected for more than 1 or 2 seconds. So frustrating! So, it's not just a Lumia 1020 problem.

Some of you have mentioned disabling some background tasks. I have 13 apps running in the background. Is that too many? I have no idea how many is too many.
    11-06-2014 02:25 PM
    Broke down and installed dev preview and its working fine now.
    11-06-2014 10:23 PM
    Given the camera issues that have popped up with the Lumia 1020 and the developer preview (which I believe is in fact a hardware issue), I'm just not willing to risk updating.
    11-07-2014 12:06 AM
    What are the camera issues? My camera has been acting weird, but I dont know when it started. It just has a tough time with auto focus.
    11-07-2014 01:30 AM
    The camera ends up just not functioning and keeps its lens open.
    11-07-2014 12:18 PM
    I've had no problems since day 1. I have the band paired with Lumia 1020 running Cyan with the Dev Preview on Win 8.1. I have minimal background apps. The only time I see a delay in BT pairing is when I walk out of range of the phone and back into range. It pairs eventually but I usually go to Bluetooth settings and manually pair it. Also, I have 5 other devices on the BT pairing list. Have only ever worked with 2 paired devices at a time (e.g. Car + band; earphones + band). Never had a problem. So it is possible. Let me know if you'd like me to check anything specific.
    11-07-2014 02:56 PM
    I've had no problems since day 1. I have the band paired with Lumia 1020 running Cyan with the Dev Preview on Win 8.1. I have minimal background apps. The only time I see a delay in BT pairing is when I walk out of range of the phone and back into range. It pairs eventually but I usually go to Bluetooth settings and manually pair it. Also, I have 5 other devices on the BT pairing list. Have only ever worked with 2 paired devices at a time (e.g. Car + band; earphones + band). Never had a problem. So it is possible. Let me know if you'd like me to check anything specific.
    That's crazy because I just got mine and I'm having the same issues as everyone else here.
    11-08-2014 10:28 AM
    Given the camera issues that have popped up with the Lumia 1020 and the developer preview (which I believe is in fact a hardware issue), I'm just not willing to risk updating.
    No issues with my 1020 running DP and the band works perfectly with it..
    12-16-2014 01:36 AM
    I have the same problem. What good is the fitness band if it won't connect with the phone?
    01-28-2015 11:26 AM
    I have the same problem. What good is the fitness band if it won't connect with the phone?
    It likely requires 8.1.1 which is the Developer Preview version of Windows phone. With Cyan.

Ensure your phone has the latest of everything installed.
    01-28-2015 11:52 PM