Band not tallying steps and calories on app

webrown71

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
The band itself is keeping track of these measurements but they are not being tallied in the app. Worked first two days and stopped this morning. The charts/graph show data but not the tallies. Any thoughts? I've manually synched it several times.

BMS69

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
The band itself is keeping track of these measurements but they are not being tallied in the app. Worked first two days and stopped this morning. The charts/graph show data but not the tallies. Any thoughts? I've manually synched it several times.

Same problem here. Exercise and Sleep sync fine, but not steps and calories. I also noticed that it is showing Friday's step count as Saturday. My guess is that this is an app issue related to Daylight Savings Time.

BMS69

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I just got off the phone with Microsoft. We tried rebooting both phone and band, syncing to the PC app, etc. all to no avail. The only thing we did not do is reset the band to default or delete the app off of the phone. Doing either may not preserve data for display in the app, even though the information is safely stored in the cloud.

The person I spoke with is forwarding my request to the developers for review. Unfortunately, I have a full schedule, so I am not getting a call back until Monday evening, so it would be worthwhile for others to report the issue, as well.

BMS69

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I just talked with MS support, and we tried several things including resetting the phone and band, but nothing fixed the problem. He is forwarding to the developers for review. Unfortunately, due to my schedule, they are not calling me back until Monday evening, so it may be worthwhile for others to report the issue, as well.

As a side note, the one thing we did not do is delete and reinstall the MS Health app. Even though the data is synced to the cloud, reinstalling may result in past data no longer being displayed. Again, the data is still in the cloud, just not displayed in the app.

kittengirl

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, definitely looks like they need to push out an update to fix an issue with DST. Fun thing to look at if you are tracking sleep. Check out the heart rate graph for last night. At 1 a.m. you'll see an hour of overlapping data. It caught me off guard at first, until I realized that's when the clock must have set back an hour. It didn't show the new time immediately when I woke up this morning though (on the band), but it does now.

valadon

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
It seems to be working fine on the iPhone. My step counts and sleep is showing up correctly. For the sleep graph I have 1am listed twice, so it goes 12-1-1-2-3-4 etc. I was wondering how they were going to handle that, pretty clever.

Vandy 314

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same thing. I tried uninstalling the app as well as powering down the Band. It still has 0% on steps and calories...but the sleep is correct!!

ragnard4

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Just spent 90 minutes on phone with Band support, trying everything. Only to find out they have realized they have a daylight savings sync issue and hope to have it fixed by end of day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers