MS Health app on WP: feedback

TheZuneLune

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I am not a developer, but it sure looks like they developed this pretty fast, using some cross platform tool, like Xamarin. I say this because they do not follow WP design standards, at all. The app is not intuitive, whatsoever. If they had followed the WP design standards, most of your suggestions would have been taken care of. :)

It wouldn't;'t surprise me if this was a placeholder app while a true WP app is in development. The whole launch seemed fast, and earlier than anyone planned. Maybe they want to generate enough of a buzz for people to be thinking about it before holiday shopping. I know the Band is about the Microsoft Health platform, but nothing would draw attention to that better than good holiday sales.

DuoWing

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I can't remember what thread I saw this in, but someone mentioned that with Microsoft Health installed it would make their phone take a really long time to boot. I was swapping sim cards in my phone and restarted my 1020. It took a ridiculously long time to boot. I thought it was frozen at first. I uninstalled the app and restarted the phone and it was back to it's normal boot-up time.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to see integration with HealthVault or Bing Health or really anything else so I can dig into the data a bit more. The Band icon in the upper right is confusing to me as band management - it should be a big tile at the top or bottom of the main purple tile stack that says "Manage Band". As you said, historical data should be easier to access by swiping. Pinch/zoom would be great, as would landscape mode for the charts. I'd love a battery diagnostics section to tell me what's eating the most battery on both the phone and the Band. I'd also love an app on the Band that has a tiny radar on it that shows me the location of my phone, or at least makes the phone generate a sound so I can easily find it.

Why is this not a universal app? I'd love to see the data larger on my laptop or Lumia 2520 tablet. I get that the sync and management would not work, but if the data is all in the cloud, a Win8 version could certainly view it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk