[BAND] Anyone know when they will be in stock?

Rhoyz

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I called a local MS store today, but pretty sure I was routed to a general call center. I want to exchange my (online ordered) large for a medium and asked what the best route was, local store or online. They were not much help in offering an opinion either way, but did say they intend to have them in stores by Black Friday (the less said about that day, the better :wink: ).

A bit shocked that there isn't a direct exchange option for returns through the online MS store. You have to return and then re-order, which of course drops one to the bottom of the pile. :winktongue:

I'm on the same situation. I ordered the Large band online but I find it loose on my wrist. I want to exchange it to medium. What are my options?

Skippy07

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Called my local store today. They let me know they did get a shipment, but it was only enough to take care of 35 people on the back order list. I had them add me to the back order list which put me at number 66. They didn't know when the next shipment would come in or how many would be included. Hopefully it's a bigger shipment next time and they'll get all the way to number 66!

-Skippy

phelme

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm on the same situation. I ordered the Large band online but I find it loose on my wrist. I want to exchange it to medium. What are my options?
Either return it online or at a Microsoft store, if you're near one, and get on the back-order list for a medium. That's what MS told me on the phone. Kinda sucks. :straight:

if Microsoft releases a v2 Band, I'm likely to order both sizes and return the ill-fitting one, because this time around their online sizer wasn't much help. (or not be lazy and go to the darn store :smile:)

eyecrispy

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I just called the St Louis store and they have none in stock and have no idea when the next shipment will be. I will say that I know they got a shipment last Thursday, but did not have any Smalls in that shipment, which is what I need.

undisputed n00b

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Called my local store today. They let me know they did get a shipment, but it was only enough to take care of 35 people on the back order list. I had them add me to the back order list which put me at number 66. They didn't know when the next shipment would come in or how many would be included. Hopefully it's a bigger shipment next time and they'll get all the way to number 66!

-Skippy

It seems that stores have been getting shipments of 30-40 bands in each size. What store did you go to? I backordered mine the day after it came out and my store still hasn't called me. I wonder how far on the backorder list I am this Friday will be 2 weeks.

Skippy07

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
It seems that stores have been getting shipments of 30-40 bands in each size. What store did you go to? I backordered mine the day after it came out and my store still hasn't called me. I wonder how far on the backorder list I am this Friday will be 2 weeks.

I called the store in the Roseville Galleria in Roseville, California.

-Skippy

LoriInWA

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
Got mine last night. I was told that all the Bands they got in are already spoken for (backordered) but their next shipment will be open for sale to anyone as this shipment filled all backorders. This was a "kiosk" type store in Lynnwood, WA, so hopefully the larger stores are getting more in stock and availability will ease up soon!

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Got mine last night. I was one of the hundreds who backordered but begged an employee to put me up on the list, so I'm happy to be one of those who got it'. I ****in love this thing.

Serpent1189

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
How are you all able to speak to people in the stores? I always get routed to the call center and only got to the store once like 10 days ago, and I got the sense that guy was doing me a solid.

cardingtr

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Finally got mine today after raising a stink. The store gold me a week but when ask how far don am I on the list they couldn't tell. Finally a smarter store person asked me for the receipt number and he then realized that the kid that took the transaction did it as if I got the Band already.
Long story short, he went to the back and came out with the band. I got free protection plan for the hassle.

Skippy07

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Well this is a surprise, I had called on Wednesday to get put on the backorder list and I just got a call from the store saying my Band is available for pickup. They must have got a decent sized shipment as I was number 66 on the list. So I have until 9pm tomorrow (Saturday 11/15) to pick it up before it goes into the "first come first served" pile.

-Skippy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos