[BAND] Anyone know when they will be in stock?

Skippy07

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
How are you all able to speak to people in the stores? I always get routed to the call center and only got to the store once like 10 days ago, and I got the sense that guy was doing me a solid.

When I bought my Surface Pro 3, my sales rep attached his card to the paperwork. The number on the card is a direct line to the store.

-Skippy

undisputed n00b

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
How are you all able to speak to people in the stores? I always get routed to the call center and only got to the store once like 10 days ago, and I got the sense that guy was doing me a solid.

They have the call center number as the store number online so they don't get swamped with calls, but if you make a purchase from the store, look at your receipt, it has the store's direct number.

eyecrispy

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
The store here usually gets their shipments on Thursdays. Not sure if it's like that everywhere. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Gah I'm still waiting for online orders to come back...I really want this thing, but I'll be slightly annoyed if I bought one now and then they released a v1.5 version for the international release :p

Serpent1189

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Whelp, I visited my store today (Pentagon City in VA) and they are getting a million times better at the stonewalling.

I asked if I could find out where I was on the list, and they said no/they can't tell/they are apparently calling people each day.

I asked if there was a direct line I could call since the call center never has answers about what's going on in the stores. Nope.

I needed something for my Xbox and took someone's suggestion of looking at the phone number on the receipt. Same as the number online.

My annoyance at this situation is ticking up here. This is the first time MS has ever launched a product that is physical (not software/downloadable), mass-market, and only sold by their physical and online stores and it really really shows here. /endrant.

megaawesomeguy

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Whelp, I visited my store today (Pentagon City in VA) and they are getting a million times better at the stonewalling.

I asked if I could find out where I was on the list, and they said no/they can't tell/they are apparently calling people each day.

I asked if there was a direct line I could call since the call center never has answers about what's going on in the stores. Nope.

I needed something for my Xbox and took someone's suggestion of looking at the phone number on the receipt. Same as the number online.

My annoyance at this situation is ticking up here. This is the first time MS has ever launched a product that is physical (not software/downloadable), mass-market, and only sold by their physical and online stores and it really really shows here. /endrant.

I asked the call center to transfer me to the store I put my preorder in. I said that I have a "specific question about a recent purchase." Once I called I was able to talk to someone who was able to tell me my spot in line. Hope this helps.

tom4pres

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I picked mine up yesterday at the Michigan Ave store in Chicago. I put my name down on the back order list a week ago. Not a bad turnaround.

Red River

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
"Limited availability this Tuesday, November 18 at 1:00 PM EST. Get yours while you can, available on a first-come, first-served basis while supplies last." -- from Microsoft Store website

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I sent mine back for replacement last week. I was afraid it's going to be on backorder. After MS received my original Band nothing happened for a day and I contacted them Fri Nov 14. I was told they are on backorder and no estimate when back in stock. Thought I was screwed for a while. Then by EOD Friday I got an email that the Band shipped overnight. Got it today.
maybe they have extra stock for replacements? maybe they have some back in stock. I am located in Ohio and I believe it was shipped from the Cincinnati store.

psyfreaki

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Limited availability this Tuesday, November 18 at 1:00 PM EST. Get yours while you can, available on a first-come, first-served basis while supplies last.

god its 6am here and probably i won't get any sleep :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett