[BAND] Anyone know when they will be in stock?

Serpent1189

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I managed to get through, but I realized that they did this at 1PM because they add one businesses day to all orders placed after 1PM EST so this would give them maximum time to get these cranked out :confused:

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I wonder how many of those that got sold today are destined for eBay. It's pretty crazy to see people with stacks of them over there.

I never got the email I signed up for to let me know when the Band would available. Although, I had already resigned myself to waiting a month or two until supply becomes plentiful and to see of some of the issues people are raising get addressed.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I wonder how many of those that got sold today are destined for eBay. It's pretty crazy to see people with stacks of them over there.

I never got the email I signed up for to let me know when the Band would available. Although, I had already resigned myself to waiting a month or two until supply becomes plentiful and to see of some of the issues people are raising get addressed.

Agreed. I swear people should only be allowed to buy one at a time, because I saw people buying a couple in one go to go sell on eBay with a markup for their own benefit...it's a little annoying really

Mike Cherry

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I was online at 12:57 PM. Placed order and got to the submit button at 1:04 PM after coming online around 1:02 PM. Got the "product not available", but kept clicking on submit for about 4-5 minutes until it went through.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I was online at 12:57 PM. Placed order and got to the submit button at 1:04 PM after coming online around 1:02 PM. Got the "product not available", but kept clicking on submit for about 4-5 minutes until it went through.

Interesting....maybe I should've been more persistent :p

sjjones

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
maybe having Verizon fios (fast internet) helped me , as I didn't finish checking out till maybe 1:10pm

* funny thing I have the opportunity to get another two, my local MS store called me and have my BO, so people they are out there

edit: just got a call from another store , they have two for me also, so as I said they are arriving in store

Last edited:

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
maybe having Verizon fios (fast internet) helped me , as I didn't finish checking out till maybe 1:10pm

* funny thing I have the opportunity to get another two, my local MS store called me and have my BO, so people they are out there

edit: just got a call from another store , they have two for me also, so as I said they are arriving in store

Seeing as there no MS stores anywhere close to me, I need a medium and a large. :smile:

anon(9173271)

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
No stores near me either.... Need a medium :) I tried calling the nearest store (100 miles) but was re routed to a call center and just told no- out of stock :(.

PaulSancheezzee

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
How long did it take to get a shipping notification for those who have ordered online during the first batch? I could've sworn I received a notification the next day when I purchased my xbox 1.

teemulehtinen

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
So the shopping experience in the flash sale was disasterous on Tuesday. But I had some luck. I went to Oakbrook (Chicago) Microsoft store at around 1pm yesterday afternoon and they had all sizes in stock. A small batch had come in in the morning. And so I got the band.

Interestingly, at the same time, the other Microsoft store in Chicago suburbs, Schaumburg, had also got some in stock as they called me and told that I could come and pick up my backorder from there. It wasn't necessary.

Today I will pass by the shop in the centre at Michigan Ave downtown. Let's see whether they are everywhere.

Serpent1189

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I still haven't gotten a call from my store in VA, but I was successful in the flash sale. That said, once I make sure there aren't any kinks, is there a way I can give my spot in line to someone else? I'd rather it be a poster from this community than someone who, no offense, might be trying to use this with an android or iPhone.

megaawesomeguy

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I had mine preordered from the store in tysons corner va. i missed the call and called back forgetting i would be sent to a call center. lady on the phone said they moved on to the next person on the list and i should answer my phone next time. i called the number again and asked to be forwarded to the store, the guy who answered this time said I have 48 hours to pick it up but still did not get forwarded. i was in the mall already so i stopped in and picked up my large with the screen protector and starbucks card no problem. i do not know how many are in stock.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I still haven't gotten a call from my store in VA, but I was successful in the flash sale. That said, once I make sure there aren't any kinks, is there a way I can give my spot in line to someone else? I'd rather it be a poster from this community than someone who, no offense, might be trying to use this with an android or iPhone.
What size did you reserve? I'd be happy to work out a compromise :D

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

I'm guessing you and a member here would have to trust each other enough to handle the swapping of money/mailing the band/s. Of course with the ease of PayPal, that should be very easy.

We could see several of these opportunities. People that live close to a MS store that has some in stock, be willing to purchase one/two for those of us not in close proximity to a store. Kind of a pay-it-forward idea.

Serpent1189

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I reserved a medium. Not really comfortable with PayPal but I would be willing to forward the email or something if I didn't need to, show ID or use the same card. That or just get it and sell it locally in cash for some non-a-hole amount like $250 (taxes are like 10% here plus my time).

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I reserved a medium. Not really comfortable with PayPal but I would be willing to forward the email or something if I didn't need to, show ID or use the same card. That or just get it and sell it locally in cash for some non-a-hole amount like $250 (taxes are like 10% here plus my time).

So are we ruling out international trades? :p

undisputed n00b

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I had mine preordered from the store in tysons corner va. i missed the call and called back forgetting i would be sent to a call center. lady on the phone said they moved on to the next person on the list and i should answer my phone next time. i called the number again and asked to be forwarded to the store, the guy who answered this time said I have 48 hours to pick it up but still did not get forwarded. i was in the mall already so i stopped in and picked up my large with the screen protector and starbucks card no problem. i do not know how many are in stock.

That lady didn't know what she was talking about. When I backordered my band, I asked the store what would happen if I missed the call because I might be in class or in the Subway(only a few stations have cell service) and they said they also send you an email to tell you your band is ready to be picked up. Look at your receipt that you got when you backordered your band, it will have the store's direct number.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99