Band Vs Ambit Round Two!

greyskytheory

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
669ac66fca5e72ec9dd112f427d0e254.jpg
cec3387c543d6cfde89037675bd51b59.jpg
this is my 2nd comparison of data collected from the Suunto Ambit 1 and my Microsoft Band. Once again it appears the band is pretty inaccurate when tracking my workouts. The first graph shows my resistance routine which consisted of deadlift EMOMs, Strict Press, T Bar Rows, all with about 15-20sec of work and about 1min of rest. What I noticed while checking my trackers during the workout was that the Band was always lagging behind and not giving my real time hr. If my Suunto said my hr was 181 after a set, my Band said it was more like 140. They would both be in sync if I took a longer break between sets. It seems the Band has a difficult time tracking and keeping up with rapid, large changes in hr. I think this explains why the Band, over the course of three workouts has not been able to capture my max hr even once. I do a lot of interval workouts where my hr is constantly going up and down drastically. Maybe the Band is not actually tracking my hr continually during my workout? Faulty band? I wear it with the display inside the wrist.

The second graph shows my cardio workout I did right after the weights. As you can see the Band didn't even track some of my workout which is no good at all. This workout came from the Microsoft health app and was downloaded to my Band. It was a great workout and as you can see on my Suunto chart my hr got really high. Sadly my Band was not able to get anywhere near the hr my Suunto was able to. When I was in the beginning and end of my workout, with my hr not changing much since I was doing steady state cardio, both trackers were almost identical. Once I began to do the 5rnds lf interval sprints uphill, the Band was not able to give me accurate real time readings and looking at the chart it is clear it did not even track my increased and decreased hr accurately.

I believe my Band may be defective or its possible that for me it is having extreme difficulty tracking rapid changes in hr. I will send this info to Microsoft to see if the band may be defective and see of I can get a replacement.

Upstate Dunadan

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
469 calories working out with weights for 34 minutes? That seems way high too me.

I've never worn HR monitor lifting weights. I generally use some general standards available online (including MFP) and that's what an 80 minute workout with 10 minutes HIIT jump rope burns.

I don't think I'm off a factor of 2 which makes me question how food HR is for calculating calories burned.

greyskytheory

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I don't really care about calories all that much because I eat really healthy and I know none of these peripherals will get deeply accurate. They don't take into account how much fat we have on our bodies which plays a part in how many calories burn as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa